Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 237 / Views: 110944
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It's December, & it's sort of lame that new winter tires are unavailable.
    Hey, I'm told belts, bushings & control cables are not available for Husqvarna & Briggs & Stratton snow blowers until a To Be Determined date & it's only the beginning of winter. The lack of snow tires may not be the only issue people have this winter

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-12-2023),Top_Fuel (12-12-2023)

Car has 317,xxx now. Still runs. I had to boost it one day when it was -40 and I got cocky but otherwise has been fine. The cheap momo brand tires are ok but don't seem very soft in weather below -20c. Rock hard below -30. They're still have more grip than the old tires but I don't think I'd buy these again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I found an airbag module on Ebay for under $200 so broke down and bought it. Once I have that replaced I should probably bolt the console back down and re-install all the other trim I tore out. Really should replace all the missing drain plugs in the floor too. They've been gone for the last 7 months...

I figure I should make it a little less of a death trap since one of the kids is probably gonna be learning to drive with it soon. The car has been on the street for the last week, forgotten since I got the van going again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-29-2024)

The slow boat with the airbag module from Washington state finally arrived the other day. And the part number is different from mine(or at least the one I had plugged in). So I either ordered the wrong module or musta cross-referenced part numbers and the one I got should work... So, I plugged the "new"(ebay) module in and the airbag light is still on, but I expected that to happen.

I'll program my vin to it tonight if I remember and see if that fixes it.

I learned a few years ago that if you don't program the car's vin to a new module it'll throw a vin mismatch code on these Mirages.

Attachment 26641
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-20-2024 at 08:44 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-20-2024)

So I scanned this module and came up with the vin missmatch code along with an eprom communication code... I can read the vin and mileage from it but can't program my vin to it. Me thinks it hasn't been correctly reset. Or maybe this one just isn't compatible...

I googled both part numbers and came up with a newer part number 8635A494 that replaces these: 8635A235, 8635A353, 8635A374, 8635A394
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-20-2024 at 11:13 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-20-2024)

I'm on fence. The module I bought wasn't the same part number as my old one but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The code 1496 eeprom communication fail makes me think it's hooped. It's obvious someone was inside it, the screws are 1/2 stripped out. I just can't be sure it's effed or not. I assume it is.
    I haven't run into that before.
    Right now I'm out almost $200 for a brick.

I ended up returning the ebay airbag module. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing there. I'll probably start driving this thing again before something else wears out in the van. The Mirage hasn't moved in over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There's swearing so everyone is forewarned!

Car is still running fine at 315,000kms as of this morning. I still have to replace and hook up the charcoal canister.
    I'll probably be hauling the car in the camper again this weekend so that'll be fun.
    317,650km/197,xxxmiles as of today. Only put on 2650km/1646miles in the last 9 months. I've only fueled it up 3 times since August.

I'm going to order up some front wheel bearings. It's got a bit of a howl in the front end that's been there for a while that I blamed on the winter tires but it seems to be getting louder now and the tires I have on are pretty much new. Otherwise, car runs great other than the damn rear brakes are noisy sometimes.

And I forgot how much I hate how the cvt downshifts when coming to a stop. It's almost impossible to come to a smooth stop in my car, right when you're almost stopped it lurches forward unless you push on the brake harder. I think there was a tsb that was supposed to fix that.

I really do like driving the Delica more except for the gas gauge.

I've been driving the Mirage again since Monday. The fuel gauge didn't move off 1/4(2 bars) until this morning, I was starting to wonder if the sending unit was stuck and not reading correctly. I fueled up this morning 30 liters, I still probably could have got another day of driving out of it. I managed to get pretty terrible fuel economy on this last tank of fuel. 29mpg/7.9l/100km. It was -40 when I was driving it last so that was a factor.

I looked back in my fuel logs on Fuelly it looks like every winter I have at least one log showing under 30mpg during a cold spell. The only other time was when I ended up with 11mpg after siphoning most of the fuel out when there was water in it.

I spose I should change the oil on the car one of these days. It's gonna get whatever is laying around in the garage. The last oil change that I have documented was last may at 310,000km. But I did change it 2-3 times since then in June. I really have no idea what oil is in it right now. I have a jug of 5w30 conventional canadian tire oil that will get dumped into it. I'll just change it out earlier than usual(in theory).

Otherwise, I should try to find another airbag module and get some body plugs for the floor that I punched out.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-14-2024),Top_Fuel (03-14-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    And I forgot how much I hate how the cvt downshifts when coming to a stop. It's almost impossible to come to a smooth stop in my car, right when you're almost stopped it lurches forward unless you push on the brake harder. I think there was a tsb that was supposed to fix that.
    Someone around here suggested downshifting manually before coming to a stop, something about shifting to Sport mode or some such.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)