Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT review - winter (doubleclutch.ca)

Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT review - winter (doubleclutch.ca)

Name:  doubleclutch2.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  55.8 KB

This is the second Mirage review posted by the folks at doubleclutch.ca (see earlier: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage SE CVT review)

Reviewer Louis Vo's automotive interests (from his bio) are varied, ranging from autocrossing to being "exceptionally interested in fuel economy and hypermiling." So that last bit makes him certainly qualified to talk about the Mirage's strong points.

Too bad his review took place during the coldest, snowiest weather we've seen in decades in this part of the country! Just about the worst possible conditions to highlight fuel efficiency.

Pros...

- super low starting price
    - safety equipment
    - decent fit & finish
    - best seat warmers he's experienced
    - low cruising rpm with CVT
    - fuel economy (6.2L/100km / 38 mpg US in mixed driving, despite winter conditions)

Cons...

- bland, anonymous styling
    - found seating uncomfortable
    - highway merging/passing "a challenge" with 74 hp & CVT
    - small fuel tank
    - top spec pricing + CVT puts Mirage "dangerously close" to some arguably better cars

Overall...

if you’re looking for basic point A to point B transportation, and it absolutely must be new, the Mirage may be worth adding to your list if you stick to the base model.

Read the full review, see winter time photo gallery:
    http://doubleclutch.ca/11939/2014-mitsubishi-mirage/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Seems fairly positive

Yeah - the overall conclusion is one I've read a bunch of times: it may not make a lot of sense to pay full price for the top spec Mirage. The best value is in the base car. Unless of course you can get a killer deal on the upper trim car, which some people are.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I plan on getting the es just for the cruise and Bluetooth

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    but what he doesn't say, the highest model of mirage with every accessories will only get you the base model with no accessories for "arguably better car". That is also one of my point of consideration

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)