Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry to say, but I'm now Mirage-less

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    I'm just curious about what year your Mirage was and how many miles were on it when you sold it to Carmax?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm just curious about what year your Mirage was and how many miles were on it when you sold it to Carmax?
    2019 with 34000 miles. Also it had nice upgrades like good tires and alloy rims, a very nice aftermarket stereo with new back up camera and subwoofer. Paint was above average as well. I'm still positive it got a stupid high offer because they needed it more than they wanted it though. Good time to be a seller.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (12-05-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    I hope you can do it if it's possible, owning a car right now in the US is getting very expensive, I know a few friends who basically took their cars off the road until it all calms down. Sadly not everyone can do that.
    Oh, and you ain't getting rid of me that easily, lolz, I do love Mirages and will stick around here until I find another one down the road
    My plan is to keep my Mirage at least as long as my new sets of tires last me. Then think about other cars. I have to have a car with where I live. I'm rural so basically no car, no groceries. Insurance is about $70 a month for me 0 speeding tickets after 22 years. Pulled over for one once but talked my way out of it.

I just get tired of my Mirage being so small, and low to the ground too. Not the car's fault, and lots of things I like about my Mirage. Seats are comfortable and good MPGs. But I have gotten bigger and I am tall, so after 8 years you start to wonder what other options are there. I'm cheap to begin with so my Mirage being paid off and good on gas, it's a good 1 car to have for sure. I think Mitsubishi has made interesting cars in the past and the Mirage is also an interesting car.

But the legroom is not that great. My knees almost on the steering wheel. My old vw Rabbit had great legroom.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (12-08-2021),dragon2knight (12-05-2021)