Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrecked my Mirage....... UPDATE: bought another one

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

Here you go Mark: 2010 Vibe with 83k miles for $5000usd (6500cad) https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...8823?undefined
    Yep! I would be perfectly fine with a car like that, & they can be found way less than the new Toyota Corolla hatchback. When I said half the price, I wasn't trying to exaggerate. It's more like 1/3 the price, but they are older cars.

Those I know who have a Maxtrix & Vibe run them forever. I don't think they look all that great, but they are super practical. The rear seats fold down nicely too, I think.

I don't mean to take away from Dirk's new purchase at all. My Mirage is my beater car/daily driver. I consider my Forester as my main vehicle.

In Dirk's situation, I can see splurging a bit, & he's not really doing that. He's still buying one of the most affordable cars in North America. The auto market is what it is, & he needed to replace his car. It wasn't a want, but more of a need.

Plus, this should keep one my favorite members on the forum for many, many years to come!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-21-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yep! I would be perfectly fine with a car like that, & they can be found way less than the new Toyota Corolla hatchback. When I said half the price, I wasn't trying to exaggerate. It's more like 1/3 the price, but they are older cars.

Those I know who have a Maxtrix & Vibe run them forever. I don't think they look all that great, but they are super practical. The rear seats fold down nicely too, I think.

I don't mean to take away from Dirk's new purchase at all. My Mirage is my beater car/daily driver. I consider my Forester as my main vehicle.

In Dirk's situation, I can see splurging a bit, & he's not really doing that. He's still buying one of the most affordable cars in North America. The auto market is what it is, & he needed to replace his car. It wasn't a want, but more of a need.

Plus, this should keep one my favorite members on the forum for many, many years to come!!!!
    Thank you Mark, that's kind of you to say. The feeling is mutual. However, I could be driving a pink Miata, and I'd still post on here. Greatest car forum on the web.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (01-02-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    That's good news about the rear drums! I stripped my wreck bare. I got my weather techs out, new Bosch wiper blades, cargo net, and the spare tire. I got one brand new/never been used spare tire and the kit that comes with it for sale. Somebody hit me up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    What about your wheels? You're not going back to plastic wheel covers are you? Say it ain't so!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    What about your wheels? You're not going back to plastic wheel covers are you? Say it ain't so!
    I wasn't able to get those off, unfortunately. I'm all right with the Falken tires they have on my specific car. Did Mitsubishi abandon the Enasaves? As far as the wheels, they go with the totalled car. The Maaco guys are letting me keep it in their wreck yard for free until a junker buys it. I'm going to get around $500 or so, but that wouldn't happen if I took the wheels, I'd have to tow it somewhere else too. I'm fine with the steelies; at least they're new with no rust.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I wasn't able to get those off, unfortunately. I'm all right with the Falken tires they have on my specific car. Did Mitsubishi abandon the Enasaves? As far as the wheels, they go with the totalled car. The Maaco guys are letting me keep it in their wreck yard for free until a junker buys it. I'm going to get around $500 or so, but that wouldn't happen if I took the wheels, I'd have to tow it somewhere else too. I'm fine with the steelies; at least they're new with no rust.
    Ummm, Dirk you know someone on the forum might pay you more than $500. It is drivable right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-22-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I'm going to get around $500 or so, but that wouldn't happen if I took the wheels, I'd have to tow it somewhere else too. I'm fine with the steelies; at least they're new with no rust.
    Go to a wrecking yard and spend $50 on a set of 'roller wheels'.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    It runs, but it's completely f#cked, especially the suspension. The back latch doesn't close either. Those Vision Cross alloys were dirt cheap too, like $70 each.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Go to a wrecking yard and spend $50 on a set of 'roller wheels'.
    I can't just park this thing in my apartment complex. It's a nice one with strict rules. They had my ex-neighbor's car towed because it sat in the lot with a flat tire for 2 weeks. I can't imagine how long they'd give me, somebody would complain.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I can't just park this thing in my apartment complex. It's a nice one with strict rules.
    If you're living in a complex that won't let you do body work and engine swaps in the parking lot, then your standards are too high. Now I know why you don't want to drive around in a Mirage held together with Gorilla tape.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-22-2021)