Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cheap OBD Hud display

  1. #1
    Senior Member mitsumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 413 Times in 255 Posts

    Cheap OBD Hud display

    Hi I just bought this Konwei KW206 and just to share that this HUD has a coolant temp that i think is great because mirage doesn't have this.


    Here's the product

    http://www.konnwei.cn/sale-13265607-...wei-kw206.html

    Anyone who's using the same HUD or any other HUD brand?


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)


  2. #2
    Moderator inuvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coos Bay, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,514
    Thanks
    3,372
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 996 Posts
    Since this plugs into the OBD port don't be surprised if you start to get some error codes or your Mirage goes into limp mode. There have been numerous examples of all sorts of problems that occurred due to something being plugged into the port.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.5 mpg (Imp)


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

    mitsumi (12-28-2021)

  4. #3
    Senior Member Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Caracas
    Country
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,998
    Thanks
    2,981
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,350 Posts
    What inuvik said. Most of the problems I ran into was traction control,stability control and abs codes that stopped the car from accelerating. You may not have these issues if you don't all these things. I know some markets were super poverty editions and didn't even come with abs. But probably had a steering wheel lock...

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    craigq (12-28-2021),mohammad (12-29-2021)

  6. #4
    Senior Member mitsumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 413 Times in 255 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Since this plugs into the OBD port don't be surprised if you start to get some error codes or your Mirage goes into limp mode. There have been numerous examples of all sorts of problems that occurred due to something being plugged into the port.
    Ive been using a obd elm327 that i pair with my android for torque app and didnt have issues.

    When i plugged this to my 2015 mirage, i didnt get any errors.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)


  7. #5
    Senior Member AtomicPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NOTW
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,039
    Thanks
    382
    Thanked 526 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What inuvik said. Most of the problems I ran into was traction control,stability control and abs codes that stopped the car from accelerating. You may not have these issues if you don't all these things. I know some markets were super poverty editions and didn't even come with abs. But probably had a steering wheel lock...
    Weren't there past threads about several members using a scangauge (plugged in to obd2 port) and how great it was?

  8. #6
    Senior Member Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Caracas
    Country
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,998
    Thanks
    2,981
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Weren't there past threads about several members using a scangauge (plugged in to obd2 port) and how great it was?
    Yeah, I don't think anyone reported any problems using a ScanGauge brand scangauge. I belive they are wired devices that plug into the obdII port and have wires to the screen. Most of the issues I've seen and read about in these turds are caused by little plug in devices that use bluetooth or cell signal to share info. Some of our cars didn't act up while others would go nuts every 10 mins.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  9. #7
    Senior Member AtomicPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NOTW
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,039
    Thanks
    382
    Thanked 526 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, I don't think anyone reported any problems using a ScanGauge brand scangauge. I belive they are wired devices that plug into the obdII port and have wires to the screen. Most of the issues I've seen and read about in these turds are caused by little plug in devices that use bluetooth or cell signal to share info. Some of our cars didn't act up while others would go nuts every 10 mins.
    Gotcha. Thanks



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •