Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting a Youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I love that man! You got "The Darkness" blaring in the background too. Very cool. Dude if a civil war breaks out down here, we're totally fleeing to Alberta. It seems like a porous border. Lololol
    Pitter patter, fly out in July and waste a week out here. You can borrow my car. Stop by a dispensary then go check out Jasper and I'll take ya'll out to find some snow, waterfalls and other crap in the side by side. I'm gonna try to get out as much as possible this summer. Might have to get a gopro or upgrade my fliphone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Pitter patter, fly out in July and waste a week out here. You can borrow my car. Stop by a dispensary then go check out Jasper and I'll take ya'll out to find some snow, waterfalls and other crap in the side by side. I'm gonna try to get out as much as possible this summer. Might have to get a gopro or upgrade my fliphone.
    I renewed my passport, I might just take you up on that! Those nature pictures you posted last year were out of this world. Looks like a different planet in some ways. You know me, I'm fascinated with the natural world and Canada still has that in abundance. Those black bear pics you posted were fantastic. I know you have brown bears too which are twice the size of a black bear and twice as dangerous. What about wolves? When you were growing up there did you hear them ever?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you all for your kind comments, Would it be possible for me to get this/my video added to the modification and diy section of this forum?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hello all, I just released my second video, only 998 more subscribers before i can apply for video monitization

Mitsubishi mirage blower motor cleaning

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Hello all, I just released my second video, only 998 more subscribers before i can apply for video monitization

Mitsubishi mirage blower motor cleaning
    I didn't know I should wash my blower motor. I learn something new every day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-31-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I didn't know I should wash my blower motor. I learn something new every day.
    you probably dont need to, i just wanted to see what mine looked like as i own the poverty edition and it doesnt come with an air filter hence why i found a leaf in the blower motor. May also help with quietness as ive got no a/c so i crank the fan and heat up when it rains and the windows start to fog. The dust may also make the motor go off balance and wear the bearing prematurely. The blower is fused at 30amps, i'm sure at 380 watts this tiny fan is spinning fast as ****. Also I think the before and after display in the video speaks for itself. it literally changed colors.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    you probably dont need to, i just wanted to see what mine looked like as i own the poverty edition and it doesnt come with an air filter hence why i found a leaf in the blower motor. May also help with quietness as ive got no a/c so i crank the fan and heat up when it rains and the windows start to fog. The dust may also make the motor go off balance and wear the bearing prematurely. The blower is fused at 30amps, i'm sure at 380 watts this tiny fan is spinning fast as ****. Also I think the before and after display in the video speaks for itself. it literally changed colors.
    Once again, a well done video clip! I did my part & reduced your needed subscribers to 997 for you, too!

Since all Mirages in the States come standard with A/C, our cars come with cabin air filters. It's a good item to check often. The tiny filter doesn't take long to get dirty. I may blow out the cabin air filter 2 or 3 times before replacing it, but I also never let it get that dirty. I make it a habit to check it every oil/filter change now (every 5,000 miles in my case).

The cabin air filter is also an item that I would shop for the lowest price. I don't feel you need to buy an expensive cabin air filter to do an adequate job, & many are way over priced for what it is.

For example -

Rockauto.com carries Wix engine air filters, & Wix cabin air filters. The engine filter is $16.43 today (it's an excellent one). The cabin air filter is $17.77. If you compared a cabin air filter to an engine air filter, you would soon realize $17.77 is absolute joke of a high price. An engine air filter is much more substantial, & the price is justified. The cabin air filter on these cars are small & don't have much to them.

My point is buy the cheapest cabin air filter you can find. You would probably be more inclined to replace it more often, too. Rockauto.com offers $4.48, $5.32, & $6.48 options today, & I would buy the cheapest one. You could buy four $4.48 cabin filters for about the same price as a one Wix cabin air filter.

This video is especially helpful to someone who may have bought a base model used Mirage that didn't come with an air filter. After taking the time to clean the fan fins good, I would recommend adding a cheap cabin air filter. It was good that you showed others that part, too!

Rockauto.com has good prices, but they hit you with shipping costs. I tend to lump up an order to help in that respect. I will buy engine air filters & cabin air filters for Forester & Mirage at the same time. If I need spark plugs or something else like that, I also include them.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Do most people even need a cabin filter??? All my old pieces of junk did not have any cabin filters & the heat worked fine.. Is the cabin filter just another add on so they make us think we need to buy more parts from the OEM?? Cars never had Cabin Filters in the past???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Do most people even need a cabin filter??? All my old pieces of junk did not have any cabin filters & the heat worked fine.. Is the cabin filter just another add on so they make us think we need to buy more parts from the OEM?? Cars never had Cabin Filters in the past???
    That's why I don't think they are worth that much money. The do catch stuff flowing into your car's vents, however.

I have no problem spending $15-20 on an engine air filter, but I don't want to pay that for a cabin air filter.

They probably help keep the interior of your car a little cleaner. You could run a furnace without a furnace filter, but a filter does cut down on dust & debris in the air. Cabin air filter have only been around the past 20 years or so (2000+).
    Last edited by Mark; 01-01-2022 at 02:21 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Once again, a well done video clip! I did my part & reduced your needed subscribers to 997 for you, too!

Since all Mirages in the States come standard with A/C, our cars come with cabin air filters. It's a good item to check often. The tiny filter doesn't take long to get dirty. I may blow out the cabin air filter 2 or 3 times before replacing it, but I also never let it get that dirty. I make it a habit to check it every oil/filter change now (every 5,000 miles in my case).

The cabin air filter is also an item that I would shop for the lowest price. I don't feel you need to buy an expensive cabin air filter to do an adequate job, & many are way over priced for what it is.

For example -

Rockauto.com carries Wix engine air filters, & Wix cabin air filters. The engine filter is $16.43 today (it's an excellent one). The cabin air filter is $17.77. If you compared a cabin air filter to an engine air filter, you would soon realize $17.77 is absolute joke of a high price. An engine air filter is much more substantial, & the price is justified. The cabin air filter on these cars are small & don't have much to them.

My point is buy the cheapest cabin air filter you can find. You would probably be more inclined to replace it more often, too. Rockauto.com offers $4.48, $5.32, & $6.48 options today, & I would buy the cheapest one. You could buy four $4.48 cabin filters for about the same price as a one Wix cabin air filter.

This video is especially helpful to someone who may have bought a base model used Mirage that didn't come with an air filter. After taking the time to clean the fan fins good, I would recommend adding a cheap cabin air filter. It was good that you showed others that part, too!

Rockauto.com has good prices, but they hit you with shipping costs. I tend to lump up an order to help in that respect. I will buy engine air filters & cabin air filters for Forester & Mirage at the same time. If I need spark plugs or something else like that, I also include them.
    Hello Mark,

Thank you for your kind words, although i agree that having a cabin air filter is useful and important. Now that ive discovered that even with the controls set to inside air only it is still sucking in exhaust fumes and **** from the outside. This can sometimes cause uncomfortable odors especially when stuck behind trucks in traffic. Im actually considering buying the activated carbon air filters rockauto sells. If i buy a single cabin air filter a year like you do, spending the extra few dollars doesnt bother me... much.