Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Clutch finally !

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Jesus Fricking Cripes

Goddam Rock Auto cancelled my order because they claim that the live stock was incorrect. It was 5:31am in the goddam morning when I pulled the trigger on the clutch kit. It was right there and said in stock. So they're refunding me. Crazy thing is I got an email about it, an automated call from England of all places that repeated the message (3) times. What they hell do I do now...? Where the hell am I gonna find a clutch now when mine goes south. .....CK !

I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on a cheap clutch for your car. As mentioned already, there might be more options down the road when you're far more likely to actually need one. One member(stevedmc) on the forum got 486,000km's on his original clutch if that helps you sleep at night.

Edit: Here these guys might take your money
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-05-2022 at 01:34 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
    Jesus Fricking Cripes

Goddam Rock Auto cancelled my order because they claim that the live stock was incorrect. It was 5:31am in the goddam morning when I pulled the trigger on the clutch kit. It was right there and said in stock. So they're refunding me. Crazy thing is I got an email about it, an automated call from England of all places that repeated the message (3) times. What they hell do I do now...? Where the hell am I gonna find a clutch now when mine goes south. .....CK !
    Rockauto.com has a "notify when it's available feature" for the clutch kits. Do that & in the meantime be kind to your clutch.

I hope you are listening to those who are a suggesting clutch cable.

Since I bought my Mirage new, I don't expect the clutch to be replaced. Something else will take the car out of commission long before the clutch goes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
    What they hell do I do now...? Where the hell am I gonna find a clutch now when mine goes south. .....CK !
    I have zero concerns finding a clutch if I needed one today, tomorrow, or 20 years from now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133244055548

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Dunno about America, but LUK, the inventor of clutches and probably the very best quality wise make clutches for our cars. Their plates are an definite improvement over the notoriously weak OEM garbage.

Clutch plate LUK part No.: 319 0245 10

complete clutch kit with everything, LUK number: 619 319 100

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    One member(stevedmc) on the forum got 486,000km's on his original clutch
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Dunno about America, but LUK, the inventor of clutches and probably the very best quality wise make clutches for our cars. Their plates are an definite improvement over the notoriously weak OEM garbage.
    Imagine how far stevedmc would have come if Mitsubishi wouldn't have installed that garbage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Something else will take the car out of commission long before the clutch goes.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Spot on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Imagine how far stevedmc would have come if Mitsubishi wouldn't have installed that garbage.
    That's right ... he might have made it all the way to 500,000 kms. OEM crap ...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Rockauto.com has a "notify when it's available feature" for the clutch kits. Do that & in the meantime be kind to your clutch.

I hope you are listening to those who are a suggesting clutch cable.

Since I bought my Mirage new, I don't expect the clutch to be replaced. Something else will take the car out of commission long before the clutch goes.
    I am kind to my clutch. But it feels like it has a slight slip in first other than that its fine. I'm not the original owner. It was a girl who bought it before I did. I did "click" the notify me button on the rock auto site but they never contacted me when this supposed clutch kit came in stock online. I do intend on getting a clutch cable as well.

Have you ever check the clutch cable adjustment. If it is slipping(highly doubtful but who knows)I can't see how it's only slipping in first gear and not all the others. Isn't it winter there? All roads are glare ice out here, I haven't seen asphalt in weeks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)