Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help with a MAP only eeprom image?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Can anyone help with a MAP only eeprom image?

UPDATE: THANK YOU ANONYMOUS DONATOR, REALLY SAD YOU HAD TO SUPPLY ME THE MAP ONLY EEPROM IN SECRET TO AVOID SCRUTINY FROM THE CHEERLEADERS, THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!

Hey Guys, NO LONGER NEEDED, THANKS LONE AVENGER!!!!!

Anyone willing to sell me a cheap scrapyard find or use a ETAC/openport 2.0 device to get me a MAP only eeprom image?
    Only place I can find a MAP only ECU is for 500$ out of Japan, would love to compare the eeprom images to see if I can get MAF and EGR(Emissions) deletes working with ECUFlash without needing piggybacks for the job.

Thanks for any help guys. im also not here to argue nomenclature, the emission system recycles exhaust gas, this is what im defeating(Does anyone know what system mode 08 is in OBD-2 land? that what im disabling, not a EGR valve specifically, sending a byte value of greater than 0000001 puts the emissions in test mode and turns it off, I just assumed we had a egr valve somewhere)

EDIT: guys im not here to have a penis waving contest, if you don't understand how ECU reflashing works, then no extra comments are needed, thank you I just need a eeprom or else there's no point in sharing any ECUFlash stuff with you guys.

Also guys, open source code for MAF delete is found here https://github.com/TsuyoshiPerogi/SensorTool. now, if I only left the notation in it for others to easily follow, then more then just professionals could use it.

Last edited by OldSkoolDude; 01-04-2022 at 01:34 AM.

neat.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-05-2022 at 03:10 PM. Reason: I don't swing that way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    my 2014 Canamurican model has EGR and MAF. I found a way to delete the MAF with a arduino chip, and EGR can be deleted via OBD system(EGR system testing settings) but EGR turns back on after 15 minutes of driving, so both are crappy options for my planned Mirage upgrades.

eeprom images should be identical minus extra code for MAF/EGR crap. would be a great start to a XML file for ECUFlash.
    Last edited by OldSkoolDude; 01-03-2022 at 10:25 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolDude View Post
    my 2014 Canamurican model has EGR and MAF. I found a way to delete the MAF with a arduino chip, and EGR can be deleted via OBD system(EGR system testing settings) but EGR turns back on after 15 minutes of driving, so both are crappy options for my planned Mirage upgrades.

eeprom images should be identical minus extra code for MAF/EGR crap. would be a great start to a XML file for ECUFlash.
    Uhhhhhh. Mark can tell you what kind of tires to buy at Walmart?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Mark (01-04-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Uhhhhhh. Mark can tell you what kind of tires to buy at Walmart?
    I'm not sure you understand how building xml definition files works for using ECUFlash, but if Walmart has an option im all for it

Gotcha. I don't know how I missed an egr valve. I even tore my entire engine apart and didn't see one.

Or are you talking it does egr without a conventional egr valve?

Edit: I"m not trying to wave my penis in front of you. I'm not into that kinda thing.

Honestly, you'll probably have better luck on the mph forum.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-05-2022 at 03:11 PM. Reason: This isn't meant as sarcasm. No need to be a snowflake.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Umm,,,I think my car has a 3 cylinder engine,,, does that help???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry, but you know that an EGR valve is just the older version of the emission system right? sorry for not using exact nomenclature. the emission system recycles exhaust gas from what I remember.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry, but you know that an EGR valve is just the older version of the emission system right? sorry for not using exact nomenclature. the emission system recycles exhaust gas from what I remember.
    Yeahhh, I know the EGR valve puts a measured amount of exhaust back into the cylinder to lower the combustion temperatures to prevent the formation of NOX... They now do that with VVT on camshafts. Don't need the valve... I guess I don't know what you're asking as I am too old to understand, And as being old, I can't participate in a penis waving contest, as long as I can keep it pointed at the toilet, I'm happy
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (01-06-2022),Dirk Diggler (01-04-2022),Fummins (01-05-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    ...as long as I can keep it pointed at the toilet, I'm happy
    I get sad, sometimes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (01-06-2022)