Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: steering and voltage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,103 Posts
    I think it would be a hoot if in some imaginary world, Ford / Mazda / whoever built the thing, would tool up and run a few thousand more Festivas (fuel injected). I'd like to drive a new example, to see what it was like. I was just starting in college at that time. I was running my hand-me-down car, and liked it just fine. I didn't like cheapie cars at that time ... but now I do.

Ares - I was just funnin', I wasn't trying to be an arse (it just comes natural!).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ I knew you were. So was I.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Lightweight FWD cars don't really need PS, & they may actually handle much better on the highway without it. I don't think the time period is all that important. ​
    I guess I'm a wimp for definitely wanting some PS. I don't like today's electric PS, but I'd prefer some for parking lot speeds. Furthermore, I changed the wheels of the Rio to 195s (or was it 205s) which definitely had an impact at parking lot speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If I had the choice of buying a new 1990-93 (became fuel injected 1990) Festiva or a current Mirage, I would pick the one with fewer features & more character.
    Not sure what your commute is like, but for within-city-limits, I wouldnt mind a Festiva. The mirage, however, is more versatile. While the mirage is definitely comfortable in the city, I've done multiple interstate road-trips in it and would drive across the US if need be.
    Last edited by Ares; 02-16-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    ^ I knew you were. So was I.
    Hang on just a minute.........So you can take a ribbing without being offended and posting an offended-butthurt reply(then promptly deleting it) then reporting said offensive post to the mods explaining how offended you are? What a concept.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If only life were that simple...