Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone added a third FAST key to a 2015 Mirage 003

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Has anyone added a third FAST key to a 2015 Mirage 003

Has anyone added a third FAST key to a 2015 Mirage 003?
    I take it if I get one on eBay it needs to have the same FCC ID number?

Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,485 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ken2400 View Post
    Has anyone added a third FAST key to a 2015 Mirage 003?
    I take it if I get one on eBay it needs to have the same FCC ID number?
    I have bought fobs for other cars on eBay and had them successfully programmed. Yes...you need to make sure the FCC ID (and usually the part number) matches the remote you have. eBay ads will give you some guidance on what to look for...like this...

Name:  fob_ad.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  76.9 KB

I would recommend that you buy original equipment fobs from sellers with good reputations. If you buy an aftermarket fob then you are assuming more risk. Look at the text above and you see this...

Name:  aftermarket.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  16.7 KB

So this example is not a Mitsubishi key fob. That doesn't mean it's junk...but if a dealer/locksmith has an issue trying to program it, they WILL blame it on your Chinese fob and you are still going to have to pay for their time. Unless the fob is free it isn't worth the risk/hassle.

Personally, I wouldn't touch that fob above unless someone here has first-hand knowledge that it would work.

This one looks like a good example of something I would consider buying.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    From what I have read it appears I need a key that has not been programmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    just dont try to register it without your original key, opening the key registration option would delete all programmed key.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,105 Posts
    There are two main options for Mirage FAST keys. The OUC644 key and the OUC003 key. Unless you have a very early 2014 model you need the OUC003 key. It is part number 8637B153, as Top noted. These tend to be more expensive and harder to find than the earlier keys which were shared with different Mitsubishi models. If the key you are looking at has the same three lines of ID numbers as your key then you should be good. Some people have claimed aftermarket keys do not program all the time. You CANNOT use a used key from another vehicle unless it has been unlocked by somebody who knows what they are doing.

It should not be too much trouble to program a third key IF you have the first two. Use the instructions here at your own risk...I have not tried this.

https://www.programautokeys.com/clas...x#.YguYiJaIZPb

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also see THIS post for a clarification on the programming instructions. He had to attempt the process several times before it finally worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    You CANNOT use a used key from another vehicle unless it has been unlocked by somebody who knows what they are doing.
    Yeah...be careful if you are buying from someone who is selling non-oem fobs and they don't have a ton of good feedback. This is not the time to try to save yourself $20.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 02-23-2022 at 01:16 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Also see THIS post for a clarification on the programming instructions. He had to attempt the process several times before it finally worked.

Yeah...be careful if you are buying from someone who is selling non-oem fobs and they don't have a ton of good feedback. This is not the time to try to save yourself $20.
    It's a convoluted process for sure. You really need two people inside the car to do it. That way each person has the original fob to complete the sequence in amount of time. Along with all the steps it's super important to not touch any switches, touch the brakes or throttle while completing this. Any electrical input signal into ETACS outside of the programming steps will cause the process to fail. Fun stuff!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am going back to the dealer I bought the car from and see what there key master wants for a third key. This is why I buy simple cars. When I bought the car it only had one key and I told them I would only buy it with two keys. It took over two months to get the second key. This was a used car dealership. I am starting to see why it took so long.
    Fun stuff

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ken2400 View Post
    I am going back to the dealer I bought the car from and see what there key master wants for a third key. This is why I buy simple cars. When I bought the car it only had one key and I told them I would only buy it with two keys. It took over two months to get the second key. This was a used car dealership. I am starting to see why it took so long.
    Fun stuff
    They will probably send you to a local locksmith. Mine said he could program another key if I had both factory keys. I didn't, so I had to go to the dealership. I suspect he would just use the instructions I linked to.