Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone added a third FAST key to a 2015 Mirage 003

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

I bought my 2015 Mirage used, and they

Bought my '15 Mirage used. It only came with one key, and evidently not an original. How can I get the FCC id since I can't find it on fob?
    Quote Originally Posted by ken2400 View Post
    Has anyone added a third FAST key to a 2015 Mirage 003?
    I take it if I get one on eBay it needs to have the same FCC ID number?

Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,548 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miragebrat View Post
    How can I get the FCC id since I can't find it on fob?
    Slide the key out of the fob and see if there's anything printed on the key fob where the key was. The print is very small and almost impossible to read. Take a pic with your phone and blow it up to read it.

The FCC ID and part numbers shown in the pic in post #3 of this thread match all the numbers on my original 2015 key fob...

MODEL: GHR-M003
    FCC ID: OUC003M
    IC : 850G-003M

Name:  FCC.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  39.2 KB
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 04-26-2024 at 03:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-26-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I have nothing

I tried looking there, but nothing. Am guessing it is a new case that was put on before I got it in '18. Is there a way to look it up by VIN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Slide the key out of the fob and see if there's anything printed on the key fob where the key was. The print is very small and almost impossible to read. Take a pic with your phone and blow it up to read it.

The FCC ID and part numbers shown in the pic in post #3 of this thread match all the numbers on my original 2015 key fob...

MODEL: GHR-M003
    FCC ID: OUC003M
    IC : 850G-003M

Name:  FCC.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  39.2 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,548 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Is there a way to look it up by VIN?
    Are you asking about the FCC ID? If you have a 2015 and you find a used OEM fob with those same numbers on it, you should be good. Those numbers don't vary by VIN.

The guy who posted that pic of his fob numbers in post #3...that's exactly what my 2015 fob numbers look like. So just track down a fob with those numbers on it. Make sure the fob you buy is "unlocked" and ready to be programmed. If you get one on eBay, buy it from someone who looks like they sell a lot of fobs, keys, etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Bought my '15 Mirage used. It only came with one key, and evidently not an original. How can I get the FCC id since I can't find it on fob?
    In order to program a extra FAST key yourself you need TWO already programmed to the car. Otherwise you will have to take it to a dealer for programming.

This thread goes into detail about adding another FAST key.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...spare-FAST-key

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-26-2024),Mark (04-27-2024),Top_Fuel (04-26-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Just a part number

I called the local dealership. They gave me the part number that goes to my VIn based on model and year of the car. So all I have is that. But was told that I could compare the parts number at various sites and see if the FCC ID matches across the board or close to. If it works, at least I can remotely unlock and lock my doors again 😉.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Are you asking about the FCC ID? If you have a 2015 and you find a used OEM fob with those same numbers on it, you should be good. Those numbers don't vary by VIN.

The guy who posted that pic of his fob numbers in post #3...that's exactly what my 2015 fob numbers look like. So just track down a fob with those numbers on it. Make sure the fob you buy is "unlocked" and ready to be programmed. If you get one on eBay, buy it from someone who looks like they sell a lot of fobs, keys, etc.