Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Mirage Turbo?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    How has the ioniq been? Asking for an idiot...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    She loved that car for a year-and-a-half but it lost a battle with a Dodge Ram. Relatively minor damage totaled it because it was the left front corner where the charging port was and those Electronics the cabling and labor required basically made the car a total loss. It was definitely nicer than my Mirage and she would like to get an Ioniq 5 in the future.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Bill - I worked as a design engineer for Hyundai-Kia for 7 years (and Toyota immediately prior to that). It doesn't help that the Hyundai or Kia badge causes the value of those vehicles to drop like an anvil in the ocean either. Sure, it's not the same case for all models of Hyundais or Kias. But assume a Prius received the same damage ... a Toyota brand is less likely to be totaled.

In any event, that's unfortunate to lose a car that quick, and hoping your daughter suffered no injuries in said a battle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Now she was fine just checking up on you would expect a teenage girl to be. We call that a learning experience in my house. Play the T-shirt Driving Manual maybe take her to a road course to sharpen her driving skills a little more

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Bill - I worked as a design engineer for Hyundai-Kia for 7 years (and Toyota immediately prior to that). It doesn't help that the Hyundai or Kia badge causes the value of those vehicles to drop like an anvil in the ocean either. Sure, it's not the same case for all models of Hyundais or Kias. But assume a Prius received the same damage ... a Toyota brand is less likely to be totaled.
    If someone wrecks my car I might not want it repaired.

My folks had their rav4 repaired after someone hit it a while back. It had a lot of damage! I was pretty surprised the insurance company decided to fix it.
    Not many years after, everything that was repaired was rusty. The thing was in excellent condition but the crappy repair work made it look like a wee bit of a rez rocket. They had a pretty hard time trying to sell it even though it was a TOYOTA and had low mileage. I don't believe they were handed a cheque for any diminished value since their vehicle went from having no accidents to being a near total loss and then repaired by hacks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-17-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    For the next generation (if it happens), I think a 270° parallel twin, 1,000 cc turbo diesel in this car would be awesome! Not fast at all, but probably 70 mpg. And would sound like Heaven.[/QUOTE]

how i wish for this engine to exist...this is the fuel consumption details of the new toyota.

https://www.topgear.com.ph/features/...a4354-20220210

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It is a manual btw

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If someone wrecks my car I might not want it repaired.

My folks had their rav4 repaired after someone hit it a while back. It had a lot of damage! I was pretty surprised the insurance company decided to fix it.
    Not many years after, everything that was repaired was rusty. The thing was in excellent condition but the crappy repair work made it look like a wee bit of a rez rocket. They had a pretty hard time trying to sell it even though it was a TOYOTA and had low mileage. I don't believe they were handed a cheque for any diminished value since their vehicle went from having no accidents to being a near total loss and then repaired by hacks.
    I hear ya. A few years ago my buddy was lightly sideswiped in a 2016 PriusC 4 he bought new. Only had about 30k on it at the time. It was 'repaired' by a body shop that was recommended by his insurance company (one of those "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" situations), but after the repairs it kept chewing up rear tires. It was bad...like, a set every 1000 miles.

He took it to another body shop and they discovered the chassis was out-of-square by nearly half an inch! The insurance company did all they could to avoid taking responsibility, but ended up having to bite the bullet. Between the cost of the original repairs and the cost of the redone repairs it ended up being much more than just totaling it would have been.

He sold the car not long after because it just didn't seem right after the accident. Even after it had been repaired twice.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not sure how we got to repairs, but I had minor damage in the front passenger fender of the 2015 mirage ( kid taking driving test pulled out doing "right on red"). Body shop guy complained he had to order an own fender because no aftermarket was available. I didn't tell him I would find cause to reject it if that wasn't the case to avoid the issues of Fummins RAV4, but it is a plus to the Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)