Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Mirage Turbo?

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question 2022 Mirage Turbo?

Where would I find a turbo kit that is compatible with a 2022 Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, i dont think anyone sells a turbo kit. If you have the automatic cvt transmission normally a turbo isnt recommended because of the strain it puts on the CVT. A supercharger kit can be found here https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ed-Mirage-1-2L

Maybe consider adding a car to your garage.

Most of us are low budget and fuel economy conscious. A turbo kit isnt super in demand on this forum as it is neither low budget nor does it boost fuel economy. although handling upgrades like sway bars and springs are a reasonably popular topic.

Also if you bought the car new literally everyone that has ever purchased this car is still under the 10 year warrenty(unless they've exceeded the milage limit). a turbo kit would obviously void that warranty so the demand isnt really there.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis_Mate View Post
    Where would I find a turbo kit that is compatible with a 2022 Mirage?
    Welcome!

I don't know of a turbo kit. There have been a few members who made their own though. One guy was in Australia and had a 2014 or 2015 Mirage and the other retrofitted a Mirage power train into a home made buggy(username dirtgeartv I believe). It's obvious that not everyone who buys these cars is a welfare case but most are cheap bassturds(because the correct spelling gets censored).

Instead of blowing out your candle to make mine brighter here or point out the obvious and question your ability to comprehend what would void a power-train warranty, here is an actual TURBO Mirage thread https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-(with-videos)
    There's this guy too but there it seems pretty top secret....https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...irage-question
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-15-2022 at 12:35 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Synthesis_Mate (03-17-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i don't know with mitsubishi but recently toyota release a 3 cylinder 1.0 turbocharge model its like a big crossover but its just a rebadge daihatsu but still good engine to have, why cant they do it on mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    why cant they do it on mirage.
    Who says they can't?

The purpose of this vehicle is to be inexpensive. Adding "stuff" adds expense. Especially expensive stuff, like turbos. Adding a model that is turbo makes both variations more expensive, because the economy of scales comes into play. I don't believe most people realize the value of a (not cheap), but inexpensive car. If saving money is the ultimate object, the Mirage probably gets beat by none. Even the least expensive Tesla electric, even if one didn't have to pay for the electricity to charge it, a gas burning Mirage would still keep more money in your account (even over 10 years, probably even more).

For the next generation (if it happens), I think a 270° parallel twin, 1,000 cc turbo diesel in this car would be awesome! Not fast at all, but probably 70 mpg. And would sound like Heaven.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    If saving money is the ultimate object, the Mirage probably gets beat by none. Even the least expensive Tesla electric, even if one didn't have to pay for the electricity to charge it, a gas burning Mirage would still keep more money in your account (even over 10 years, probably even more).
    This is dead on(imo), or at least it seems that way every single time I consider buying either an ev or plug in hybrid of some kind. It just makes zero sense for me to spend $50k+ on a car so I same money on gas...I can buy a **** ton of gas, engines, cvt's and changes,for 50k. It'd take me way more than 10 years for the fuel savings to make up for the initial cost of an ev or phev compared to just keeping the old Mirage plugging away.

That is unless/until fuel prices keep going up until it just doesn't make financial sense to buy gas anymore. I don't see myself ever spending ev kinda money on any vehicle. Used ones aren't even cheap, at least not in these parts. I still think an ev's are too expensive and aren't for everyone. I'd like one, and being able to charge one at home with solar panels in a neat idea. Dropping $100k on a car, panels and a battery setup so I don't need to buy gas just seems like a big expense to make myself feel special.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (03-17-2022),Mirageman38 (03-16-2022),vintzend (03-18-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In the US they are considering upping the EV tax credit to $12,500, states like NJ last year were doing a $5,000 EV credit, then additionally some employers offer an EV credit, and EVs don't pay sales tax in NJ at least. If you could get a MSRP Bolt for $32,500 and combine all these discounts at MSRP it would potentially be $11,000 OTD. But the stars would have to align and all the policies pass.... At that price really worth it. At $32,500 not so much.
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 03-16-2022 at 03:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    In the US they are considering upping the EV tax credit to $12,500, states like NJ last year were doing a $5,000 EV credit, then additionally some employers offer an EV credit, and EVs don't pay sales tax. If you could get a MSRP Bolt for $32,500 and combine all these discounts at MSRP it would potentially be $11,000 OTD. But the stars would have to align and all the policies pass.... At that price really worth it. At $32,500 not so much.
    I can't argue that. We get a $5000 Federal rebate for new ev's or certain longer range phev. BC offers a $3000 rebate on new ev, Ontario offers $1000-2000 on a used one, and Quebec seems to offer $8000 for new and $4000 for used ev's. It doesn't look like the prairie provinces(Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) offer any kind of incentives. So in Alberta we're looking at $35k($27k-usd) plus tax and dealer fees for a new bolt. I guess it's not bad if you say it fast?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    In the US they are considering upping the EV tax credit to $12,500, states like NJ last year were doing a $5,000 EV credit, then additionally some employers offer an EV credit, and EVs don't pay sales tax in NJ at least. If you could get a MSRP Bolt for $32,500 and combine all these discounts at MSRP it would potentially be $11,000 OTD. But the stars would have to align and all the policies pass.... At that price really worth it. At $32,500 not so much.
    Got my daughter an Ioniq in 2019 for basically half price in NJ with the $7500 fed rebate. $3000 from Hyundai, $5000 from NJ plus no tax. You also get a 10% discount on EZ Pass and can use HOV lane anytime.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BillAce For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    Got my daughter an Ioniq in 2019 for basically half price in NJ with the $7500 fed rebate. $3000 from Hyundai, $5000 from NJ plus no tax. You also get a 10% discount on EZ Pass and can use HOV lane anytime.
    How has the ioniq been? Asking for a friend...