Thread: HELP Instrument Cluster with ECO Gauge

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

HELP Instrument Cluster with ECO Gauge

Hi, I try to add some missing LEDs on my cluster. I soldered some LEDs, resistors, LED drivers, & enable the Eco Gauge in ETACS.
    The Eco Gauge is on, but only top LED is bright, the rest are blinking or off, like they're not get enough power. I think I'm still missing some component to add on the board.

Can anyone with Eco Gauge cluster help me? Please take pictures of Your back cluster's PCB in high resolution if possible so I can read tiny component's code on the board.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Have you considered just getting a instrument cluster from a wrecked Mirage in either Canada or Europe? Seems like it would be a whole less of a hassle. Just sayin'

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Have you considered just getting a instrument cluster from a wrecked Mirage in either Canada or Europe? Seems like it would be a whole less of a hassle. Just sayin'
    No, i'm doing it as hobby.
    Last edited by FreeYourSOUL; 03-22-2022 at 06:12 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Have you considered just getting a instrument cluster from a wrecked Mirage in either Canada or Europe? '
    I dont think we have the eco gauge in canada.

what is that orange light that comes on when the green eco lights go off in the video?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    I dont think we have the eco gauge in canada.

what is that orange light that comes on when the green eco lights go off in the video?
    The eco gauge shows us how economic is our driving, more mpg more green light on. But when we drive aggressively, less mpg, the orange light comes on.
    Unlike average mpg on MID, it works instantly.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    When looking at the video, I think you have combined 2 different gauges. My gauge has 4 leds, one red and 3 green, more or less on a quarter circle curve. On your video I see only 2 green leds on the curve, and one in the centre. Could it be that the centre led is a different gauge, for cars where only a single 'eco' led is available?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    When looking at the video, I think you have combined 2 different gauges. My gauge has 4 leds, one red and 3 green, more or less on a quarter circle curve. On your video I see only 2 green leds on the curve, and one in the centre. Could it be that the centre led is a different gauge, for cars where only a single 'eco' led is available?
    Mine also has 4 LEDs for the gauge, the 4th LED is off because I messed up with the resistor. I did correct that later after made the video.
    The center LED is for single eco indicator. It should always on when using eco gauge, I'll fix it after my eco gauge works.

My problem is only top LED that bright, 2nd LED blink, and 3rd LED off. I think it still some components missing if I want the eco gauge works perfectly. So I need pictures of the PCB of the back side to compare with mine.

Name:  20220305_205654.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  97.9 KB
    Last edited by FreeYourSOUL; 03-22-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    there's a model with no ECO indicator i think is the 2013 model, i have manage to look into its ENG-ECU customization before the ECO indicator is off but still wont turn on even if you manage to activate it though option coding. so it has no LED thats why.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    there's a model with no ECO indicator i think is the 2013 model, i have manage to look into its ENG-ECU customization before the ECO indicator is off but still wont turn on even if you manage to activate it though option coding. so it has no LED thats why.
    You can add the LED, some resistors, and LED driver (transistor) in red circles.
    Name:  20220309_205712.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  95.5 KB
    Last edited by FreeYourSOUL; 03-23-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    FYS - I can understand you wanting to do this as a project. But personally I think the ECO indicator light is just plain D-U-M. It has 0 value. You may do all this work, install it and after 5 minutes of driving go, "meh." Just my opinion.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)