Thread: 2017 G4 airbag SRS light on for no reason

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2017 G4 airbag SRS light on for no reason

I have a 2017 Mirage G4. Approximately 68,000 miles.
    The SRS airbag light came on one day for no reason. Ran a diagnostic and it came up with these codes:
    B1407 front RH G sensor low voltage
    B1476 1G1(A) voltage very low
    B1477 1G1(B) voltage very low
    U119A chassis no. mismatch
    B1558 OCSS control unit

The codes above are from a unit I got from a junkyard from a 2016 Mirage that still had it's airbags (non-deployed)

My original SRS controller had three codes:
    Open circuit squib 1 (the charge that ignites the bag)
    Open circuit squib 2
    OCSS controller

The dealer wants blood to diagnose the issue. I spent $100 for a very good OBDII scanner that also scans ABS, traction control, and SRS airbags, and $20 for a used control module, and a used clock spring.
    Dealer wants $185 just to diagnose it.....not to repair it.

I can clear the codes but the return immediately.
    I already checked all the yellow connectors under both seats and under the hood.
    How many sensors are there in a G4? This is driving me crazy.

Cheers, 3banger

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The B1558 is the passenger seat occupancy sensor i think? https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ake-some-money

have you tried to measure the battery voltage while the car is running to make sure the alternator is working?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-28-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Have you checked the connector behind the left kick panel??? They cause lots of different problems if they start to corrode...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 3banger View Post
    I have a 2017 Mirage G4. Approximately 68,000 miles.
    The SRS airbag light came on one day for no reason. Ran a diagnostic and it came up with these codes:
    B1407 front RH G sensor low voltage
    B1476 1G1(A) voltage very low
    B1477 1G1(B) voltage very low
    U119A chassis no. mismatch
    B1558 OCSS control unit

The codes above are from a unit I got from a junkyard from a 2016 Mirage that still had it's airbags (non-deployed)

My original SRS controller had three codes:
    Open circuit squib 1 (the charge that ignites the bag)
    Open circuit squib 2
    OCSS controller

The dealer wants blood to diagnose the issue. I spent $100 for a very good OBDII scanner that also scans ABS, traction control, and SRS airbags, and $20 for a used control module, and a used clock spring.
    Dealer wants $185 just to diagnose it.....not to repair it.

I can clear the codes but the return immediately.
    I already checked all the yellow connectors under both seats and under the hood.
    How many sensors are there in a G4? This is driving me crazy.

Cheers, 3banger
    What where the actual code numbers in the car with the proper airbag module installed?
    Have you checked for recalls? I have a code in my own that keeps popping up if I hit a bump hard, and there's a recall to fix that.
    You can't just plug in a module from another car and expect it to work unless you have the ability to program the vin from the old module and load it into the new one.

They didn't sell a 2016 model year Mirage in North America, did you buy a module from a 2016 Mirage from overseas? If so it probably won't work. If you have a 2015 Mirage module, it probably won't work either, 2017's have a black plastic airbag module and 2015 have a metal housing. They don't interchange. 2017 has 6 impact sensors, 2015 has 4. At least that's my understanding when trying to use a 2017 module in a 2015.

If I were you I'd put the proper module back in the car, read the codes, clear them and go from there. If you ever had the airbag removed while the key was on it'll set codes. The squib and ocss codes are probably unrelated.

By chance have you ever had anything wet on the passenger seat? Other have had the ocss sensor in the seat cushion act up or require replacing after spilling coffee(me) or hauling around a wet dog.

Do you have radio controls or cruise, if so do they still work?

Whats the history on the car? Bought new I presume or bought from someone who barely speaks english that called you buddy and said trust me too much?
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-28-2022 at 12:52 PM. Reason: I'll redo this

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What where the actual code numbers in the car with the proper airbag module installed?
    Have you checked for recalls? I have a code in my own that keeps popping up if I hit a bump hard, and there's a recall to fix that.
    You can't just plug in a module from another car and expect it to work unless you have the ability to program the vin from the old module and load it into the new one.

They didn't sell a 2016 model year Mirage in North America, did you buy a module from a 2016 Mirage from overseas? If so it probably won't work. If you have a 2015 Mirage module, it probably won't work either, 2017's have a black plastic airbag module and 2015 have a metal housing. They don't interchange. 2017 has 6 impact sensors, 2015 has 4. At least that's my understanding when trying to use a 2017 module in a 2015.

If I were you I'd put the proper module back in the car, read the codes, clear them and go from there. If you ever had the airbag removed while the key was on it'll set codes. The squib and ocss codes are probably unrelated.

By chance have you ever had anything wet on the passenger seat? Other have had the ocss sensor in the seat cushion act up or require replacing after spilling coffee(me) or hauling around a wet dog.

Do you have radio controls or cruise, if so do they still work?

Whats the history on the car? Bought new I presume or bought from someone who barely speaks english that called you buddy and said trust me too much?
    This is correct SRS-ECU is the ECU that you cant messed with, SRS-ECU and KOS-ECU are the ecu's that cant be transfer to another car they are the good girls who sleeps with only one man, while the other ENG-ECU ETACS are the b*tches..(im sorry for the reference)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (06-05-2022),Cobrajet (03-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...irbag-light-ON

Not sure if its the same but on my 2015 I had that passenger side airbag light stay lit for several days even with no passenger on the seat. It turned out in my case that I had spilled a bunch of water (a leaking 32 oz thermos) on the passenger seat and it dripped down into the bottom of the seat cushion and the water reached the connector of the airbag sensor. But after a day or 2 the water evaporated and I unplugged and re-plugged in the connector TIGHT and I even used some mechanics wire to cinch it on REAL tight and ever since then the code or warning light never came back.

In my opinion before you waste money with Dealer or a mechanic just try fiddling with the connectors yourself and give it at least 4 days and see if it doesnt go away on its own.

Sometimes in life inaction is the best action. Especially when it comes to strange codes, in my experience I wait at least 7 days to see if I cant clear it on my own or if it doesnt go away the next time I start the car tomorrow

Ghosts in the machine
    Last edited by fc321; 03-29-2022 at 11:50 AM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    here someone manage to restore deployed SRS-ECU and sells it for 150-200 bucks he said he just installed a virgin file on the ecu to restore it to undeployed state i know the guy his good.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Your car probably has an active recall for the SRS light if you haven't taken it in you should probably start there as the 2 models(the year of the car you have and the year of the part you got from the junk yard) may not be compatible as I believe they have slightly different SRS.

I took mine in and they reprogrammed it for free, do to the recall. Has to be an authorized Mitsubishi dealer/ repair shop. Good luck.

2017 5spd manual G4