Thread: Online Prices

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Online Prices

Anyone notice when you shop for parts online at different Mitsubishi OEM parts sights, that the prices are good but the shipping charges are insane ? I tried ordering a part at different OEM sights and on one sight for a hundred dollar part they wanted $250.00 to ship it. and it was very light weight. Others asking 50 to 65 dollars shipping. bunch of crooks

Welcome to the world of online shopping....
    Are you mounting guns to your Mirage or something?
    Edit: nvm you were talking sites....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Car dealers (not just Mitsubishi) who sell parts on-line usually charge a ton for shipping. The average new car dealer parts department is not set up for efficient operation as an online retailer. Most aren't set up for efficient operation as a parts department.

So while they might be discounting their already overpriced parts by 30%, sometimes that still doesn’t make up for the overhead they are charging you to package and ship your order. Call your local dealer to get their price, too. Even if it’s full retail, it may be cheaper when you factor in shipping.

Shipping in general is getting crazy. We’re all used to “free” shipping. Occasionally I need to ship something UPS/FedEx. Even the smallest/lightest box seems to cost $20 even if it’s only going 100 miles. If you have to pay retail shipping rates at UPS/FedEx these days, it’s pretty outrageous if the shipment is heavy or remotely bulky. No doubt these dealers are charging retail shipping rates and probably adding a few dollars on top of that to pay for the 5 minutes of time it took their parts guy to print a shipping label.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I've used this parts seller in the UAE (Abu Dhabi) multiple times and they were very reasonable for shipping (last time I ordered was over a year ago). I also had the part in my hands in 3 days from UAE, pretty impressive.

https://partsouq.com/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-04-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I've used this parts seller in the UAE (Abu Dhabi) multiple times and they were very reasonable for shipping (last time I ordered was over a year ago). I also had the part in my hands in 3 days from UAE, pretty impressive.

https://partsouq.com/
    Thanks, I checked it out . They have the part listed but it is not available on their site.. Thanks again.