Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How much fully loaded 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage Cost?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What is the process Fummy of owning say a hunting rifle in Alberta?
    its the same accross canada.just take 1 day class. Write simple multiple choice & practical exam. wait like 8 weeks for license to come in mail.

With the license you can walk into store or go online and buy your hunting riffle. The sale of non-restricted weapons like hunting riffle is not tracked. i.e if you buy one off craigslist you dont need to tell the government. Ammunition is not tracked.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-03-2022),Fummins (05-03-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Food for thought: the .22 caliber round kills more people in the US than all the other sizes combine.
    I won't argue with that statistic. I'm sure it's true. But it is a valueless statistic.

It's like the statistic that says, "90% of people suffer a car crash within 5 miles of their home." Duh ... that's where they are most of the time.

Or, I could make up a statistic: "99% of people breathe air during the course of the day."

22 caliber has been the most readily available and the least expensive ammo in the U.S. for a long time. So it is no wonder it is the particular caliber to find penetrated into an American.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    It is man, it really is. Disputes settled with fists is less and less common these days.
    Agreeing with Dirk. Just watched the news last night. Seems like any little dispute, including road rage, is settled with gunfire. Some younger girl just got shot in the face (she lived from my understanding) from another female very recently, over what appears to be some simple road rage. It appears via the news to be more specific to a specific age range and race. But it is certainly not limited to it. Specific areas of Atlanta can be quite scary for even those who live in those areas. Over the past couple years, there's been quite a few children shot while laying in their beds at night. Either from just random drive-by type shooting or could be disputes on the street. It's difficult to determine. Luckily, not all those kids have died. But some have. Just laying in their beds asleep. A damn shame.

Somebody gets sick from E.coli, the gobment calls in the National Guard. Kids getting killed from random gunfire or in crashes with drunk drivers, nothing much happens.

Don't make me in charge of any state or any municipality. All the taxes would be going to skyscraper prisons, with as much building down into the earth as sticking out at the top. The upper floors would have balconies with no walls. Wanna escape? Step off. Slick-ass engineering fully-automated clean up machines down at the bottom. What happened to prisoner BR549? Let's check the video tape (ewwwwww, well, his room is now available ... NEXT!).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I guess I don't mind the fact that there's a slim chance that anyone I pass on the road has a loaded handgun on them to wave around.
    The worst I've seen first hand is brake checking and flipping people off. When I was 19 I had some gangster looking blacked out 70's Lincoln chase me around for a while in my pos Hyundai Excel with a slipping clutch. Had no idea why at the time. Turned out my awesome friends were flipping people off in the back seat and drawing dicks on the windows with paint markers. Fun times.

My sister passed a fight on the side of the freeway a month or so back. There was a truck driver and a civic driver fighting it out in the shoulder lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-03-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I guess I don't mind the fact that there's a slim chance that anyone I pass on the road has a loaded handgun on them to wave around.
    The worst I've seen first hand is brake checking and flipping people off. When I was 19 I had some gangster looking blacked out 70's Lincoln chase me around for a while in my pos Hyundai Excel with a slipping clutch. Had no idea why at the time. Turned out my awesome friends were flipping people off in the back seat and drawing dicks on the windows with paint markers. Fun times.

My sister passed a fight on the side of the freeway a month or so back. There was a truck driver and a civic driver fighting it out in the shoulder lol.
    Yeah I'm not going to lie, I'd feel a whole lot safer living in Canada than here or any other place to be honest. Besides Canadian's have a reputation for civility. I've lived in Atlanta pretty much my whole life and one of the first questions I get from out of towners that move here is "Where's this famous hospitality from southerners we've heard so much about?" Lol, I tell them it is only available if you look like them, think like them, and act like them, other than that, hit the road. I'm pretty burned out living here to be honest, but everybody says that when they lived in the same place their whole lives I feel like.

I'd love nothing more than to move to Vermont or Maine, somewhere isolated but with a decent small city near by, where there's actual seasons and the public schools are still in good shape. My wife won't have it though. One of her sister's live here as well as her mother and we're trying to have a child so she feels like we're going to need all the family support we can get. We sure as hell won't be getting any from my side of the family. My father, who was a fantastic dad growing up, is slowly dying from dementia, my mom is fine but after I turned about 16 she decided it was time to do her own thing with her Art so I moved in with Pop and only saw her a few times a year. I do have a brother in the Atlanta area but he's about the worst type of sibling one could of grown up with, physically and emotionally abusive, narcissistic, could care less about what's going on in my life, hell he didn't even make my wedding in 2020 or his family.

No, situations like mine, you just have to focus on making your own family a cut your losses IMO. Buy hey uh, how bout them Mirages? (That's for the Mods)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I won't argue with that statistic. I'm sure it's true. But it is a valueless statistic.

It's like the statistic that says, "90% of people suffer a car crash within 5 miles of their home." Duh ... that's where they are most of the time.

Or, I could make up a statistic: "99% of people breathe air during the course of the day."

22 caliber has been the most readily available and the least expensive ammo in the U.S. for a long time. So it is no wonder it is the particular caliber to find penetrated into an American.
    I just threw that out there because you mentioned your big handgun is too much at times. A little pocket .22 would probably do the trick too. Working in healthcare, I know surgeons hate that little bullet because it fragments into dozens of little pieces making surgery very difficult.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I just threw that out there because you mentioned your big handgun is too much at times. A little pocket .22 would probably do the trick too. Working in healthcare, I know surgeons hate that little bullet because it fragments into dozens of little pieces making surgery very difficult.
    You must be thinking of someone else? I don't own a big handgun. I think pistols are worthless! I would have a better chance of hitting something with my compound bow than a handgun. If I had to go into battle, a handgun would be the last gun I would grab. Personally, I don't think that I could shoot someone anyways. I won a .45 Smith & Wesson handgun at a turkey banquet a few years ago. It was sold to another couple at my table before I even picked it up. I had zero interest in it.

Having said that, I do have a .22 Ruger Single Six revolver. It's a single action revolver that can shoot .22 LR, .22 shorts, and .22 Mags. I use it to shoot empty cans, varmits, & such at times. The effective range of a pistol is pretty limited.

I like the sound of a good pump shotgun. The action alone just sounds much tougher than pulling the hammer back on a revolver (a soft click). The sound of a pump shotgun action alone sort of states one means business. Since it's turkey season these days, it would be turkey loads that are closest at hand & those are nasty!

Many of my relatives & friends are hunters. I only know one person (cousin) who has an AR, & I honestly don't think she knows how to use it. It belongs to her long time boyfriend. She took it deer hunting, but the deer were safe. She admits that she loaded it wrong. Having a gun & not knowing how to use it is never good! In her defense, she never deer hunted before.

Personally, I am not into guns for self defense. If that became important to me, I would move.

When there was some talk about arming teachers in school a few years ago, everyone looked at my best friend/colleague & I. Everyone knows we are big time hunters. Neither of us would shoot a person. My friend hates pistols worse than me. When his wife won one, they sold it right away, too!

In the heat of the moment, would my attitude change? My hope is that I will never have to find out!

I like hunting. I don't get people who are crazy about guns! I sincerely mean that, too!

Attached is a Tom I shot last week on my north ridge with my 12 gauge Remington 870. I had two Toms reacting to my calling from two opposite directions. The one who got there first lost!

The photo is turned. My trees grow upwards like other trees!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Wow. How'd it taste?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't blame you. It's a jungle down here, between at risk teen youth playing at gangsta with high capacity firearms to road rage morons flashing their pistols at me out of their lifted Raptors (this happened last year to me lol). Atlanta cost of living is getting ridiculous too. Freaking Los Angeles of the south now with traffic and non stop filming for TV series.
    How timely to our discussion re: Atlanta!

https://youtu.be/RUg7qQ0pU84

I'm all for sending people like that into the deep bush, handcuffed with a couple steaks hanging off their necks. Same with thieves. If they make it out then maybe they'll think twice next time. If not then oh well. Just saved a bunch of peoples time and tax dollars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)