Thread: Damage on door and roof :(

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Damage on door and roof :(

Some time ago I noticed a scratch at one of the back doors. I was extremely annoyed by this, I don't use that door, like ever, but not much I can do about it.

As I'll trade in this car in a month or two (IF everything goes according to plan, which is a big IF) and my current Space Star (2018, white, Dutch "Connect Pro 1.2" trim level) needed service (plus a check required by Dutch law), I informed my dealer of it and asked them to make a cost analysis to fix it, so I can make an educated decision on to fix it, or have a rough idea of what they would subtract from the quoted trade-in price.

Disappointingly, they called to let me know they found more damage, on the roof. Probably caused by hail (hope that's proper English, otherwise "ice storm"?), or by parking under certain trees.

The dealer wants me to call my insurance, as it should be covered by my plan. They had the hardest time showing me in person where that damage is though, it really is hard to spot to the untrained eye (the car being white also makes it harder to spot, I was told). It will be an awkward call as well ("My dealer reports damage that I've never detected myself and no, truly honestly have no idea when and where it happened")

A bit grumpy about this all... can't remember any weather condition lately, where weather could have caused this. Maybe it's been there for years and now "suddenly" they find it.

Oh wel, sorry for this long winded post, but... sigh.... car dealers.

Are this common issues on this car?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (06-04-2022)