Thread: Mirage CVT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mirage CVT

Hi, I am from Co,Durham in England, purchased a new Mirage CVT on the 3rd of July, this year 2014, bought this to suite my wife's driving, last motor was a Toyota Yaris 1.33 VVTI auto, which gave her a problem on hill starts, because it tended to roll back, the CVT has a hill start and hold function that suits her well, I'm also pleased so far, local driving, 10-20 miles, is returning 59-64 miles per gallon (Uk gallons), its reckoned to do about 75 MPG motor-way (hi-way) driving, the proximity sensor system is great for driving into our small British sized garage, so no scrapes or bumps so far, the climate control is really good, engine as many point out is a little noisy at low speed, but thats not really a problem, the rain and low light sensors work well, as does the engine auto stop and start system, keyless entry is good, now that we are used to it. Tyre pressures were a problem, checked them at home when vehicle had cooled down after 30 miles of driving, they were 33psi (2.1/2.2 bar) but the manual and in vehicle guide said 39 PSI (2.7 bar), I had noticed the handling was slightly heavy so adjusted tyres to 39 psi as per user manual and the tyre pressure guide in the car, handling improved straight away, the tyres, by the way, are Bridgestone EP150 165/65 R14 79S/Ts, can't find a reference anywhere that confirms that the pressures suggested are correct for Bridgestone EP150's, can anyone confirm that 39psi is OK. Handling and mpg suggests its alright, but high pressures usually burn off tread?
    Well thats enough, as this is my first thread here, feel free to make any positive comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Brenty; 07-13-2014 at 01:01 PM.