Thread: Mitsubishi to build new 7-passenger MPV based on stretched Mirage platform?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mitsubishi to build new 7-passenger MPV based on stretched Mirage platform?

I usually check Twitter each day to see if there's any news about the Mirage.

Today I spotted an odd Mirage-related tweet from a prolific poster - a gamer based in the Philippines.

Here's what it said:

new FWD mini-MPV based on the stretched Mirage platform manufactured in Indonesia that MMPC plans to sell in 2017.
    And there was a pic of what looks like a slide from a presentation:

Name:  tweet-mirage-mpv.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  49.2 KB

The odd thing is, it seems the tweet has since been removed. Somewhat intriguing?

The person also talks about some of the other small MPV's, that Mitsu has been selling in Southeast Asia:

2016 Mitsubishi Adventure:

Name:  -54617f81882c2.jpg
Views: 1989
Size:  95.7 KB

But according to the tweets:

the Mitsubishi Adventure's been manufactured and on sale in the Philippine market for over 19 years..

the sales of the locally assembled Mitsubishi Adventure were low and the cost of manufacturing of it is expensive that's why MMPC axing it!

MMPC announced that they'll axe the Mitsubishi Adventure next year and it'll be replaced by a new FWD mini-MPV manufactured in Indonesia. - twitter

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-22-2016),inuvik (06-21-2016),MightyMirageMpg (06-21-2016)