Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
Which do you prefer - Sedan or hatcback and why?
I've purchased about 11 vehicles over the years & only one was a sedan. I don't see myself ever buying a sedan. Hauling dogs, tree stands, hunting gear or whatever works some much better with a hatchback or small wagon. If I was a hit man or something, I might prefer a trunk.

The rear seats on the Mirage hatchback are a lame design. You should be able to roll the entire setbacks into the foot well area leaving a much larger flat area for dogs, gear, or whatever. My old Ford Festiva had that design, and the space behind the rear seats was much more usable. I hauled deer of the woods with that car and thought nothing of it. It had an amazing amount of usable space & it was a smaller two door car.

My first car was a used 1978 Honda Civic Wagon, and it had the best designed folding rear seats I have ever seen in a small car. Some thought went into the design even back then. I really like my Mirage, but this is one area that could be improved! Sounds like the sedan wasn't given any thought on this.