Thread: I would buy another

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I would buy another

I was on the fence for a long time before buying my Mirage (2014 model purchased new in Feb 2015). I cross-shopped several cars (Honda Fit most seriously, Jeep Wrangler less seriously, Subaru Crosstrek), and considered new and used. Ultimately the unbeatable value (price and operating costs), simplicity (no direct injection, turbo, high compression or unproven tech), efficiency (I don't like pollution) and warranty combined to push me over the edge.

Hopefully I'll keep this car for several more years. Sometimes, though, I think about what I would replace it with should I need to sooner. Presuming that the car itself didn't fail (but, for example, it was written off in an accident or stolen), I'm pretty sure I'd buy another used Mirage. They depreciate quite a lot, but seem very reliable.

How about you all? Would you replace a Mirage with another, or would you prefer something else?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Canoehead For This Useful Post:

Angrybeaver (09-16-2018),Cobrajet (09-16-2018),craigq (09-15-2018),Daox (09-15-2018),MetroMPG (09-17-2018)