Thread: Wet floor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wet floor

I’m not sure if this has been an issue for anyone here but we’ve got a bunch of cars with standing water on the floor. I’m sure it’s not a design flaw but rather caused by drivers not giving a $#! and never emptying the pool of water from the floor mats. Can’t fix stupid nor idiot proof everything but I see these floors rotting out relatively fast at this rate. I pulled the carpet out of one car and it was soaked from front to back. There was a bunch of water trapped under a brace. I had to jack up the front of the car to get it to run back where I could soak it up with a rag.
    Thankfully it’s pretty easy to remove the carpet, pull both seats(12mm and 14mm bolts and a few wiring plugs to undo below) 2 10mm bolts and 2 clips for the center console, the rest of the trim around the perimeter just in clips with a few clips where you gotta pull the center out to remove at the kick panels. The carpet is Velcro’d together at the front ahead of the console
    Attachment 13810Attachment 13811Attachment 13812

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

A-Aron (01-31-2019),Daox (02-01-2019),MetroMPG (04-15-2019),Pryme (02-02-2019),ThunderG (01-31-2019)