Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
The following work was done: they replaced the starter, the flywheel and housings, some bushings and pins. Not quite sure if that's it, I will photograph the bill in this post maybe you can even explain some of it better than me.

Driving around this afternoon noticed downshifting especially the flywheel really sounds mint

Timing belt is something I'm still wondering about. Spark plugs I'm told are still good for a whileName:  starter copy.jpg
Views: 1826
Size:  50.5 KB
Ummm, tell me they didn't put 4.5L of oil in your engine, they take 3L, I use a hair over that.

And for the timing belt, don't pay anyone to change it cause they don't have one. They have a chain(stonger and last longer than belt) I've never had an issue with the adjusters or guides on one of these engines so I wouldn't worry about that at all. If we're talking a 3.5l nissan or 5.4L 3v ford on the other hand.......

For spark plugs, I'd just replace them at 160k kms(or longer). no need to overthink spark plugs, just replace them with the stock/oem ngk's. You won't make the car run smoother, have more power or get better fuel economy by trying different plugs. The stock plugs are already iridium, they last a long time but cost more than copper or platinum.