Thread: No brake lights, abs , traction control warnings, won't shift out of park. (Solved)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No brake lights, abs , traction control warnings, won't shift out of park. (Solved)

I just got a car(2017 cvt with 178k kms) in with the driver complaining about not being able to shift from park without using the shift lock bypass. I get the car and the abs and traction control lights are lit up in the cluster and the brake lights aren't working.
    I've seen some of these problems alot with the exception of the shifter being stuck. I assumed(like a dumb az) it was going to be the connector in the kick panel that seems to corrode but so far that's not looking like the case. It looks fine. So on to the brake switch. That's where I'm at now. It looks like the brake light switch plunger isn't popping out very far at all when the pedal is pushed. Maybe an 1/8". I'll compare it with a spare used one and see how that goes.
    Edit: Brake switch is screwed, the spring is probably broke or out of place. And 15 uses a different switch than 17':/
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-05-2019 at 03:10 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-05-2019)