Thread: Absurd off-road questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd say if you have driven the track a lot in a different vehicle you'd probably know most of the bad spots and like Loren says don't straddle rocks/high points,spacers help too.
    Once when I was driving the Smart fortwo and my Tacoma I wanted to survey a camping spot but didn't want to burn the gas so seeing as it was a real dry summer and I knew the track well I took the Smart.It was usually four wheel drive and ATV country but the fortwo had such a short wheelbase I took a chance. Halfway along I met a huge windfall tree that would've stopped my truck there but the fortwo was small/low enough to follow the trace the ATV's left...then at a hub of trails I met 2 OPP officers on 4wheelers looking to nab drunk drivers.They laughed their asses off! "You just have to be a local" they said! I nodded vigorously,laughing too.Strange, they never asked if I was drinking or not....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

Canoehead (06-08-2019),Eggman (06-08-2019),timw4mail (06-10-2019)