Thread: Sparco FF-1 Wheels

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Sparco FF-1 Wheels

I got these on Tire Rack with Toyo Proxes T1R 185/55-15's for about $850 overall. The rims are 15x7 so there is a very light stretch on the sidewall but we all know these cars are a pain when it comes to wheel upgrades and fitment compared to Civics and such. I got the Sparcos because they are light, at only 11.9lbs a wheel and the Toyo's being 16lbs each, I did add a little weight to each corner but not a lot. 27.9lbs on each corner (I may be wrong but I believe OE on the steelies was 27.2lbs?).

I'm still on stock suspension. I have no rubs or anything like that. I haven't loaded the back down with people (that requires having friends) but I don't think it will rub since I've been tossing this thing pretty hard on corners with Throttle lift oversteer and been fine. It does need to be lowered though, coilovers in a month or two I hope.

Fuel economy did suffer a small amount, but I expected it due to a significantly gripper tire, that's wider (they do slightly stick past the bumper/skirts near the bottom of the car where it curves in), and isn't any sort of Eco saver tire. I usually averaged about 42mpg (I flog the car around in heavy rush hour traffic and then do a lot of 85mph on the interstate when I'm late to work... Which is like everyday), and now I'm getting about 40.5. But it's too soon to tell yet. Especially since it's hard knowing what quality of fuel I've got since we ran out down here when hurricane Dorian was moving in.

Also got a pic of the paint matched front chrome bezels and fog lights.

https://ibb.co/qMw1yz2
    https://ibb.co/gyNDzFt
    Https://ibb.co/2ZwtgLQ
    Last edited by DimensionTheory; 09-22-2019 at 05:46 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DimensionTheory For This Useful Post:

2of9 (09-23-2019),Cobrajet (09-22-2019),dspace9 (09-22-2019),Marklovski (09-23-2019),MetroMPG (09-26-2019),Top_Fuel (09-22-2019)