Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
You aren't taking everything into consideration. If you have $40k laying around and buy a 10k car you can put 30k in the stock market or any other investment. Average return is 10% APY and now seems to be a nice low point to stick it in. 10% on 30k is 3k a year you would gain and it compounds. Not only does it cover the gas the mirage uses but you would be making money. Never mind the thousands a year lower on insurance not getting full coverage and the car being cheaper.

Oil Changes on this are every 7500 miles and this car uses very little oil. Between costco and Walmart it's only around $12 for an oil change. This works out to $320 or so over 200k miles.

Anything beyond 20 minutes of charging is much longer than a gas station period. Even if you have to fill up twice. In my town there are only two electric chargers within 5 miles of dense city. One is literally at the Nissan dealer.
Everything is going electric. So I have been thinking a lot about how my next car from my current 2014 Mirage will be electric. I won't buy an eHummer, or a Rivian, I don't need a truck like that, or a Tesla electric ever because I hear they have bad quality.

I wonder just like what Dirk was saying - how is the reliability on the Nissan Leaf? The Prius is the more practical option at this point. My small town has had an electric charging station in the hockey arena parking lot for about 3 years now. I think you just drive up and plug in your ePorsche or Tesla etc.

Also how have the electric cars of the past 5 years fared in Canadian winters? I don't want a rusted out Tesla.