Thread: Official 2021 Mirage release

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Sounds like you're done with buying new economy cars then? Serious question. It seems they've all gone in the same direction, Mirage just being the last to the party.
    If I was buying a Mirage today, I wouldn't buy a new one. When I bought the one I have now, they were going for $9,000 new. Less than $10,000 OTD. Used 2017 Mirage manuals didn't exist in 2017, & new ones were cheaper than some of used 2015.

Used low mileage 2017+ Mirage ES manuals & 2017 SE manuals for $8,000-10,000 do exist now. I would focus on those these days.

My Mirage is my beater car, not my main car. I wouldn't pay more than $10,000 for a Mirage new or used. That's me. I don't expect everyone to look at it like me. I like base level cars. I may be weird I guess.

Vehicles are not investments. I tried to buy what seems to be the best value at the time. Adding more features to a cheap Mirage doesn't make it more appealing to someone like me.

I have a good job. I work extra jobs, too. I could buy nicer vehicles, but I have other interests that also cost money.
    Last edited by Mark; 04-03-2020 at 09:12 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-03-2020),MetroMPG (04-03-2020)