Thread: My God, did I bloody ache!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    UK
    Thanks

My God, did I bloody ache!!

Monday 23rd I took my mental Mirage down to London for the Christmas period. I had to drop off a gun not too far from Stanstead Airport and then onto Forest Hill South London.
    I have to say that, for me, the Mirage is not a comfortable car for a long 'un. At Stanstead I had to call a chiropractor to put me back together again with a bit of spinal manipulation. I was in bloody agony.

Then onto Forest Hill, some 40 odd miles away. Prior to leaving Yorkshire all tyre pressures were checked along with water and oil.
    Some months ago I replaced the two front tyres (GT radial tyres) I cannot for the life of me recommend them. The Mirage has vague steering as it is these GT tyres exacerbate the issue. it wandersover the road like I do after a bottle of whisky.

Also the fuel consumption is not anywhere near as good as I expected, 50 mpg on the way down and 48 back home???
    The Fiat Panda I had previous was worse on the mpg but had far better road manners and no dislodged vertebrae after a run. Good points are that it's pretty nippy (hope nobody's watching, I hit 105 mph) and all the gizmo's were a boon, especially cruise control and The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and the Eagles busting my eardrums through the sound system. Will look to add better speakers soon.
    Now, Would I Buy Another............................err, no. Simply bone manipulators ain't cheap.
    Happy New Year peeps = people

2. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-01-2020)