Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
Mark, Poorman, Top Fuel,
. . . . I choose to get the full bumper to bumper warranty. I drive a lot, I am no longer able to do most of my own repairs, and I plan on keeping this car for the rest of my life. All good reasons to do so. Yes, I am still here Mark. I went and got the car and then took I-35 to Des Moines, IA to get some Krispy Kreme donuts.
. . . . I headed South out of Des Moines and at about 12:00am stopped and curled up in the car. At 6:00am I continued South to Oklahoma City and then turned West onto I-40 to Albuquerque. I then turned North on I-25. I spent the night in the car near Raton, NM at about midnight. I woke at 7:00am and continued North to US-160, West to US-285. US-160 and US-285 take you through the heart of the CO Rockies. Beautiful country. I saw the headwaters of the Rio Grande. From there I went North to Denver. I took I-76 East to I-80 to Iowa Falls, I-380 to Cedar Rapids, US-151 to Dubuque, Dodgeville, and then WI-23 back here.
. . . . The car ran great. I averaged 35mpg. My lowest tank was 25mpg. My best tank was 52mpg. I drove 3K miles. The engine hasn't used any oil. Something real interesting is the MAP readings at different Altitudes. Remember when you do take a reading you want WOT at low RPM. If you are comparing readings you should use the same RPM. I use PSI so sea level is 14.7 and you lose 0.5 PSI for each 1K of Feet. I went through two passes that were just under or just over 11K feet and yes the readings were under 10 PSI.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!
Sounds like you had a nice adventure with your new car. 3,000 miles to return back from White Bear was quite a detour! Glad to hear your travels went well, and it's good to hear you are back in a new Mirage after the deer collision.

I suspected you were out traveling when we didn't hear from you right away. So what was the cheapest gas you saw on your trip?