Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
Loren nailed it. Checking for voltage at the pump can be tricky. You won't always have voltage when you think you should. Then look at ford logic with variable voltage fuel pumps to regulate fuel pressure.... So it sounds like you have a coil or wiring issue possibly?

There have been some cars with pinched or broken wires along the wiring harness on the top front of the engine where they're secured with zip ties.

I've also seen problems with the lowest connector behind the drivers kick panel. I can't say if any of those wires in there run to the front though..

But the easiest place to start would be checking for codes and if there are multiple ones stored find out which one/s is most recent and go from there. Or plug in a 30amp fuse and follow the smoke trail.
There's no codes (un?)fortunately, that's actually one of the first things I checked. At some point in the process I checked all the plugs behind the kick panel, and I didn't see any corrosion or weirdness with any of them.

I'll give the harness a check in a few hours, thanks for the tip with the zip tie points. It's also not impossible it got bent weird when I was changing the engine and now something is rubbing that shouldn't. It ran fine for about 50 miles after I replaced the fuse so it might not be that bad right now, but hopefully I can still catch it before it becomes more of an issue.