Thread: Passenger Airbag light ON

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Passenger Airbag light ON

Hi,

On my 2015 Mirage DE with 21k miles I had a passenger today and after she left the passenger airbag light stays Lit and it wont turn off.

I looked underneath to see if any plugs were disconnected and everything looks like it is connected fine. My Mom had tried inserting the seat belt the wrong way several times. Im not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I took it to AutoZone to scan for computer codes but there is no codes because the check engine light is not on. Anything else i can try? I would hate to take it to Dealer even though it is still under warranty because I am paranoid that they will sabotage something. I know, call me crazy but i had a bad experience at Ford dealership and now I am snake-bitten.

Im really p1ssed off about this. I specifically bought a car that would not have complex electronics and sensors because of this kind of thing. Frigging 21k miles and I have this problem.

I installed an aftermarket head unit and the amplifier is under the passenger seat so I am scared to death that the Dealer will try to charge me or say that the warranty repair is void. But it was over a year ago that the stereo was installed
    Last edited by fc321; 10-02-2020 at 12:34 AM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)