A good friend of mine messaged me yesterday with some out of the blue Mirage questions. His Dad is a long time Geo Metro driver, and was intrigued by my Mirage when I first showed it to him back in 2014. He recently retired, and thought he might like to treat himself to a "nice" car for retirement and went on the search of a brand new manual transmission Mirage.

My friend messaged me from the dealership, asking if Mitsu had discontinued the MT option because that is what the dealer told them, and kept pushing the CVT, and when they finally started to leave the dealer magically "found" a 5MT on the "back lot" It was a hatch, and his dad really wanted a G4, to which they started the same nonsense. "The G4 isnt available in 5MT" to which I had already found one on Autotrader for less money and told them to beat feet and get the heck out of there.

5 minutes later, the dealer called them and had FOUND A 5MT G4 ON THEIR BACK LOT!

Seriously... why do these frigging dealers play these stupid games? I will never understand...

Needless to say, he didn't buy and now is completely reconsidering and will probably just keep putting his Metro around.