Thread: Power Window Motor Internal Failure (Uncommon failure?)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Power Window Motor Internal Failure (Uncommon failure?)

2019 Mitsubishi Mirage RF Hatchback 45k Miles

I drive UberEats/Doordash my window goes up and down A LOT. Probably 50 times a night picking up food and if I have to put it down to see house numbers. Been doing it for almost two years. Good assumption of around 30,000 up/down cycles over that time period. I would blame the auto function of the window switch putting too much force once it hits it's stopping point and not immediately terminating the motor.

My motor has failed and it seems to be in a very uncommon way since I can barely find anyone else that has experienced this failure.

The end of the shaft that secures the end to a fixed gear has totally stripped. I tried to use JB Weld to re-secure it and it failed as soon as it hit the bottom stopping point in the window. I have now cut the shaft in half and inserted a rod to strengthen it then reapplied JB Weld. It worked enough to get the window up.. but now I'm going to be extremely nervous using my window. These prices and availability for just the motor is ridiculous!(around $250-300) Anyone have any experience using a more common/generic motor(some rewiring would be needed, I know). Has anyone else had this failure?

Also if anyone has a driver side window motor 2017+ with auto function for sale or know of any cars being parted out, PLEASE let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PireFenguin; 08-26-2021 at 02:18 AM.