Thread: Singer :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES + (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Singer
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES +
    Black
    Automatic

Ticking engine, hence the name. Car is sitting at around 85,700km, and the dealership said I could get another 100,000km out of the thing before it craps out if I treat it well. I'm gonna shoot for 200,000, because why not? Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll end up in the scrapyard at some point regardless.

Details

CD, radio, Bluetooth, enjoying the sewing machine vibes

Soft as heck and I love it

•  
    Comments: 74 / Views: 28333

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Okay have done some more forum reading. God I love this place. I think in my next oil change I will try a thicker type of oil. I think I have 0W20 (don't quote me on that I am brand new to this stuff) in right now, and I'll learn about which ones are thicker. If that doesn't work, I might just leave it. The car is out of warranty now, so if the engine blows up or something I'll just have to get something else, lol. The sound has not intensified at all though in the ten days I've had the car now, so I'm not too worried. I forget who described the sound as a sewing machine but I just love the comparison. I think I might name the car Singer instead in honour of the sound. Here are some other quirks.

- Car gets 'nervous' around 100km/h. Steering wheel vibrates...my guess is alignment issue but not 100% sure?
    - CD player makes a 'tick tick' noise whenever it's in use. I just wish it went with the beat of the music but oh well
    - The handling!! Just drove home from a jog and was swerving around on quiet roads, and I had an absolute blast. I am very excited to try this thing out in the winter parking lots.
    - The size! I should have expected this but holy jeez does this thing turn on a dime. Most places where I used to do a three point turn I just spin the wheel all the way to the left and just go for it now. It's so freeing.

I'm sitting at around 5.8L per 100km which is pretty sweet with me. I also got Singer undercoated so it should have much more fun on these salty winter roads now. Once I have the cash for it I'll be getting a new battery. I'm starting my grocery store job again in a couple weeks so I'll have some money coming in again after 4 months of watching my accounts deplete. Woo!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam123 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-09-2021)