Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
A year ago (while during the pandemic) -

We were independent of all foreign oil.

Peace treaties were being signed in the Middle East (resulting in several Nobel Peace prize nominations).

If they continued to mess around, North Korea was told the wrath of the US would be upon them (like no one has ever been seen before). We didn't hear about that nut job for a few years, did we?

No American soldiers died in Afghanistan in 2020.

Russia was towing the line and not presenting its threats in other parts of the world.

Our borders were becoming secure with the help of Mexican officials working cooperatively with us!

If you embrace peace in the world, you better be willing to support the strength that it takes to have it.

Our economy was bouncing back despite the pandemic a year ago. There's was no talk of inflation. You could buy a brand new Mirage for $10,000 -11,000 at the right dealerships.

Unemployment for minorities was at an all time low prior to the pandemic.

We were told a vaccine would take years to appear, but it only took several months to realize that wasn't true.

Despite all that, 2021 COVID deaths have surpassed 2020 deaths. I lost a first cousin this past summer to COVID. I don't take thls lightly. I feel for anyone who has lost loved ones!

I am not making this political, but I could go on & on. I am just posting a few of the more obvious things. I am stating where things were & where they were headed. Something changed drastically! Before you place a label on me - I really don't care for Trump.

I really don't feel our current leadership is well respected in the world, & that does scare me!

The nail in the coffin for all this will be the word "MANDATE".

I didn't open the attached article, because I don't see things staying this way.

Will the Mirage be the last non-hybrid car? No! The political scene will change long before that in my opinion. I cling to that thought at least!