Hello everyone. I am having trouble replacing the outer cv boot on my wife's mirage. we bought two 2020 mirage's last year and of course the one time i drove hers i got ran off the road and wrecked it with 2000 miles on the odometer. so the factory warranty is now void as they wrote it up as a total loss. I bought a 2014 mirage at auction to repair hers. in the process of cutting off the bent control arm on her car, i so graciously nipped the cv boot with my grinder. Anyway put the car back together and she has put another 3000 miles on it with it spitting grease, because it was not high on her priority list Anyway i had pulled the motor/trans/axles out of parts car before scrapping. The cost of a new boot is $80 something,but the ones on the parts car are in perfect condition. I have bought the special CV boot clamp pliers and new clamps, but I am stuck.

I have removed the clamps on the parts car and have slipped the boot up the shaft, and have tried to knock off the outer cv joint with a hammer but it is not budging. I have downloaded the shop manual for the mirage, but it does not show removing the outer cv joint from the axle shaft. is there something special to this car, i thought the joint is just secured with a snap ring on the shaft but i'm hitting it pretty hard. I intend to do this without removing the axle from the transmission. Any help here? I don't to replace a perfectly good cv axle just the boot, but its being a pain.