Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
Please do keep in mind FUSO is owned by Daimler and hs nothing to do with Mitsubishi Motors North America. This was pointed out to me yesterday. However, it is a bit alarming nonetheless.
From what I understand each individual entity of Mitsubishi, banking, shipping, motors, Fuso, electric, planes, etc. owns shares in each other. A typical Japanese keiretsu (mega corporation) so I think considering there is billions of yen invested in Daimler doesnt make it an entirely separate entity, otherwise why keep the name? With all that shared stock any division of Mitsubishi hurting can negatively effect the other. It's a big reason why I think Mitsu Corp will buy back Nissan's controlling shares in the next 5 to 10 years. Just a theory on my end, but Mitsubishi Motors has over a 100 year history making automobiles. There's alot nationalistic pride in keeping Mitsubishi Motors afloat even if Renault and Nissan crumble IMO. Nissan isn't doesnt have the mega corporation backing it like Mitsubishi does. It's all conjecture on my end though.