Thread: Mirage Issues? (I'm considering buying a used or leftover Mirage)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 2,152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
    When I first started thinking along these lines I was thinking maximum $10K out the door on a '19 but I just wanted to see what the people who have bought them had to say. I knew Mitsubishi wasn't a big seller especially in this area. I'm in south central KY and probably haven't seen 10 Mitsubishi's on the road here in the past 2 years. I'm about an hour north west of Nashville, TN and I'm sure there are more of them in that area or there wouldn't be enough sales to support a dealership. If I do get one I'm going to go with the CVT that way if something would happen to me my wife would still be able to use it. I've already got one car with a manual transmission that if something happens to me is of no use to her other that what she can sell it for.
    If I was shopping for a Mirage, I would just pick a few Mirages I would be interested in & get their OTD price via email.

Keep in mind - sites like cars.com only scratch the surface. A good Mitsubishi general manager can see available cars that are unknown to us. When I first talked to the general manager of White Bear, he was looking up cars as we were talking on the phone. They were sold out of manuals, and he didn't care. He's asking me for my top 3 color choices as he's looking cars around the country. I soon realized he was looking at Mirages that weren't on my radar.

I looked up CVT Mirages in your area on cars.com to get a feel of things there.

2019 ES CVT Black with 16,397 miles for $9,998
    2019 ES CVT White with 12,408 miles for $10,995
    2019 ES CVT Blue with 13,312 miles for $11,550
    2019 GT CVT White with 7,647 miles for $11,950 **

2020 ES CVT Gray 5 miles (assuming new) for $11,950
    2020 ES CVT Wine Red new for $11,955

New Mirages have 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, & 5-year/unlimited miles roadside assistance

Used ones have the 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty only.

When I look at these prices, I need to remind myself that I am not shopping for manuals.

None of the above prices mean anything. I would get the OTD prices on cars like these while sitting in my recliner via email. You will need to find out about rebate being included or not, too? If a dealer is not willing to share their OTD price, that's a red flag! Asking what something is going to cost isn't unreasonable.

I did a very limited search for your area. I didn't see any new 2019 ES CVT, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I wouldn't buy a slightly used Mirage if I could get a new one for just a little bit more.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-10-2021 at 01:44 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-10-2021)