Thanks
    Thanked 2,845 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NHTSA | August 17, 2017
    MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: TIN-17-23-001
    Components: EQUIPMENT
    NHTSA ID Number: 10117841
    Manufacturer Communication Number: TIN-17-23-001

Summary
    This is a Technical Information Notice sent to dealers, to detail the procedures required after replacing a Continuously Variable Transmission.

32 Affected Products

MAKE MODEL YEAR
    MITSUBISHI LANCER 2008-2012, 2014-2017
    MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION 2013
    MITSUBISHI MIRAGE 2014-2017
    MITSUBISHI MIRAGE G4 2017
    MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER 2008-2017
    MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER SPORT 2011-2017

1 Associated Document
    Manufacturer Communications
    MC-10117841-9999.pdf 790.802KB
    * *TECHNICAL INFORMATION NOTICE* *
    DATE: August 17, 2017
    TO: Mitsubishi Motors US& Puerto Rico Dealer Service and Parts Managers
    RE: Required Procedures after CVT Assembly Replacement
    TIN NO. TIN-17-23-001
    AFFECTED VEHICLES: 2008-2017 Lancer, 2014-2017 Mirage & Mirage G4, 2008-2017 Outlander, 2011-2017 Outlander Sport

PURPOSE This TIN details the procedures required after replacing a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) assembly. When replacing a CVT assembly, valve body,or TCM (Transaxle Control Module), specific procedures are required depending on the type of CVT in the vehicle.
    Refer to the table below as a general guideline for which procedures are needed after replacing a CVT assembly. Then follow the procedures in this TIN, referring also to the applicable Service Manual for detailed procedures on the individual vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-30-2019 at 12:14 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Routine maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    * *TECHNICAL INFORMATION NOTICE* *
    DATE: August 17, 2017
    TO: Mitsubishi Motors US& Puerto Rico Dealer Service and Parts Managers
    RE: Required Procedures after CVT Assembly Replacement
    TIN NO. TIN-17-23-001
    AFFECTED VEHICLES: 2008-2017 Lancer, 2014-2017 Mirage & Mirage G4, 2008-2017 Outlander, 2011-2017 Outlander Sport

PURPOSE This TIN details the procedures required after replacing a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) assembly. When replacing a CVT assembly, valve body,or TCM (Transaxle Control Module), specific procedures are required depending on the type of CVT in the vehicle.
    Refer to the table below as a general guideline for which procedures are needed after replacing a CVT assembly. Then follow the procedures in this TIN, referring also to the applicable Service Manual for detailed procedures on the individual vehicle.
    Does anyone know if the routine 30k CVT service now includes these items or only when one complains of the issues described?

Quote Originally Posted by bcressy1987 View Post
    Does anyone know if the routine 30k CVT service now includes these items or only when one complains of the issues described?
    Routine 30k cvt service shouldn't require any relearning unless you replace anything that's listed in the tsb like a valve body. Just replace the fluid and filter/s and cross your fingers.

Besides many of the cvt's(used) I've installed are usually plug and play. I've only had drivability issues after tearing into valve body's.

I still haven't dropped the pan on the black car. Fluid still looks fine but it's starting to surge more and more, almost like it's low on fluid but it's not. I recall our 14' spark acted the same way(bouncing tach/surging/hunting) when warm on the highway and it got a new warranty cvt x2 or 3 with just that one symptom.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Re CVT

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Routine 30k cvt service shouldn't require any relearning unless you replace anything that's listed in the tsb like a valve body. Just replace the fluid and filter/s and cross your fingers.

Besides many of the cvt's(used) I've installed are usually plug and play. I've only had drivability issues after tearing into valve body's.

I still haven't dropped the pan on the black car. Fluid still looks fine but it's starting to surge more and more, almost like it's low on fluid but it's not. I recall our 14' spark acted the same way(bouncing tach/surging/hunting) when warm on the highway and it got a new warranty cvt x2 or 3 with just that one symptom.
    I was more referring to the part where the filter changes have been added. FWIW, I called my localdealer and they have modified their CVT maintenance on Mirages to include changing the external and pan filters. Cost is $299 where the drain and fill was around $150.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

actually you need to reset the oil degredation and learning values if you change the cvt fluids, but since its equipped with INVECS the ECU will relearn it anyway.
    Last edited by allrock; 03-03-2021 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    actually you need to reset the oil degredation and learning values if you change the cvt fluids, but since its equipped with INVECS the ECU will relearn it anyway.
    I don't know where you get your info from but some of it of it seems a little off.
    By chance do you work for a Mitsubishi dealer or??
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-03-2021 at 01:52 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-03-2021),mohammad (07-07-2021)