Page 84 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I put my custom-made intake back on as I've decided not to sell our Mirage. Love the sound!
    What setup are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I've decided not to sell our Mirage.
    Yay? What changed?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Name:  20200722_152424.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  99.2 KB

I had some smallish branches come down in a storm. Cut them up and loaded my little trailer for a run to the municipal compost yard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had 4 new tires installed yesterday that were desperately needed. Also had a full inspection of the car done and was told everything mechanical is in great condition. Today I installed new hubcaps (only $22 for all 4, car didn't come with any), rain/wind guards ($25 for all 4), the Daox sway bar, and removed the back seats. Also including a picture of the OEM stereo receiver delete and the Kenwood I added. When I got the car the power button did not work on the stereo receiver, so when I put a new battery in I couldn't turn the thing back on. I also replaced the air control unit below it because it was badly stained, idk from what. I have 4 new Kicker speakers all ready to go but the speaker brackets are on back-order currently. Next up I'll be attempting to fix some paint chips, scratches, and dents. Then sound deadening the entire car and installing insulation. I'm planning on adding a bed and "closet" so I can go on long and cheap road trips.

Name:  IMG_6120.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6122.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  96.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6123.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  87.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_6125.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  94.5 KB

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WI_Mirage For This Useful Post:

Bralexander (07-22-2020),inuvik (07-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love everything about this post! What model Kicker speakers did you get? I've got a set of Kicker 46CSC654 in the shopping cart at Crutchfield, but I saw they were still out of stock on the adapters, so I haven't ordered yet. I also want to throw some sound deadening in the doors when I change the speakers, but haven't decide which product to use yet. What are you planning for sound deadening?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WI_Mirage View Post
    I had 4 new tires installed yesterday that were desperately needed. Also had a full inspection of the car done and was told everything mechanical is in great condition. Today I installed new hubcaps (only $22 for all 4, car didn't come with any), rain/wind guards ($25 for all 4), the Daox sway bar, and removed the back seats. Also including a picture of the OEM stereo receiver delete and the Kenwood I added. When I got the car the power button did not work on the stereo receiver, so when I put a new battery in I couldn't turn the thing back on. I also replaced the air control unit below it because it was badly stained, idk from what. I have 4 new Kicker speakers all ready to go but the speaker brackets are on back-order currently. Next up I'll be attempting to fix some paint chips, scratches, and dents. Then sound deadening the entire car and installing insulation. I'm planning on adding a bed and "closet" so I can go on long and cheap road trips.

Name:  IMG_6120.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6122.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  96.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6123.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  87.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_6125.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  94.5 KB
    That’s pretty sweet! Can’t wait to see this finished

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bralexander View Post
    I love everything about this post! What model Kicker speakers did you get? I've got a set of Kicker 46CSC654 in the shopping cart at Crutchfield, but I saw they were still out of stock on the adapters, so I haven't ordered yet. I also want to throw some sound deadening in the doors when I change the speakers, but haven't decide which product to use yet. What are you planning for sound deadening?
    Those are the exact speakers I copped! They were on sale, but I think the sale is still going on. In hindsight I wish I would've bought them Scratch & Dent to save $20, but too late now. When I ordered the speakers a couple weeks ago the brackets were supposed to be back in stock within 5 days. But then that date was pushed back by a month and a half. I haven't been able to find them anywhere else except one pair from CarID on eBay for $40 w/ shipping. They are free with my order from Crutchfield so f*ck that noise, I will just wait lol. For sound deadening I'll be following this thread almost verbatim. I will save some money by using Kilmat 80mil sound deadener instead of the brand name stuff. I'm not looking to win any competitions nor do I drive an Audi so I don't really care if its slightly less efficient than paying 3x the amount. An extra thing I might do is add Noico RED 150mil insulation to the entire floor of the car, on top of the sound deadener. Because I plan on taking my Mirage on some snowboarding/ice climbing road trips I want to retain as much heat as possible inside the car. But I'm just gonna take it one step at a time for now. The cost of all this stuff racks up quick.... and the Mirage is meant to be economical!

Edit: I'm stull not sure how I'm going to cover the rear exposed metal after deadening/insulating. I might attempt to make a flat plastic or fiberglass cover for the entire thing and put carpet on top of it. I'll take any suggestions on this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WI_Mirage For This Useful Post:

Bralexander (07-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fummins,
    . . . . Canadian Rockies??
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    . . . . I keep hearing a bout a replacement sway bar for the Mirage. Can someone tell me all about this? Here are pictures with the fog lamps and the license plate frames. Name:  PICT0077.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  92.5 KB Name:  PICT0078.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  94.8 KB
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Hello all,
    . . . . I keep hearing a bout a replacement sway bar for the Mirage. Can someone tell me all about this?
    Daox designed a rear sway bar for the Mirage. This is one of the threads on it.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-bars-are-done!