Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 257 / Views: 114650
    That’ll buff out

Attachment 26131

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,458 Times in 1,061 Posts
    Dagum, that snow never melts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 2,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That’ll buff out
    Actually, it might. See if that crustiness will brush away using white vinegar with a plumber's acid brush with the bristles trimmed down a bit. Be sure to rinse out the vinegar thoroughly with clean water, then one more time with common isopropyl alcohol. Dry thoroughly and inspect the board carefully. A magnifying lens of some sort will help. Maybe the circuit board & circuit traces are still intact. Any missing conductors can be replaced with itty bitty wire and a similarly sized soldering iron skillfully applied.

At this point you have nothing to lose.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

So, cleaning didn't fix the airbag module. I bought a used one from a wrecked(bags deployed) 2015 for cheap and plugged it in. It communicates but had 3 codes. One was a vin missmatch and the other two(B1547-cutoff for passenger airbag and B1499-control unit collision detected) had to do with a collision detected. I changed the vin with my scanner but the code didn't go away. I tried it again today and that seemed to get rid of the vin miss-match code. So now I either have to send the module to someone to clear the crash data codes or figure out how to do it myself.

Does anyone know how to clear/reset airbag modules after a crash has been detected? I found some info but don't know what "tool" to buy and how to actually use it.

This looks like a maybe https://www.amazon.ca/Programming-Ru...2e3b7fe30ab2f1

or this?
    https://www.amazon.ca/CARPROG-V10-93...e%2C121&sr=1-4

I found some videos that might explain how to do this but you have to pay to watch. I also found a forum that might be helpful but again, you have to pay to join.

This looks promissing but I now have to figure out how to do stuff. https://carprogonline.com/airbag/Mit...rage/8635A374/
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-23-2023 at 03:09 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I'm going to try and see if I can magically fix this with the autel scanner I already have. I'm pretty doubtful but it's free to try... I went out to a 2015 Mirage with no airbag issues and read some file from the airbag module and saved it to the scanner/tablet. I'm going to try to see if I can then load that file onto the module I have in my car that has crash data stored. I don't think it's going work that simply but wth...The one catch that I learned is that in order to be able to load that file from the scanner, I have to enter the vin from the car I pulled the file from. I can change it back to the correct vin later to clear the vin missmatch code that will re-appear.

Sooo. If that doesn't work I can either source out an airbag module from 2014-2015 Mirage that hasn't had bags deployed then rewrite my vin onto it or see if I can find someone to reprogram the module I have. I'm losing interest in trying to figure out how to clear crash data from one.

Am I going to face the same nonsense resetting the SRS light I caused by mistakenly powering the ignition when the steering wheel airbag was removed? (I was looking to see if I had cruise control wires).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Am I going to face the same nonsense resetting the SRS light I caused by mistakenly powering the ignition when the steering wheel airbag was removed? (I was looking to see if I had cruise control wires).
    No, worst case you'll just have a code that won't go away on its own and will have to be reset with a scan tool or something else able to clear airbag codes.

If your bags are deployed typically the module is just replaced along with the airbags. I'm trying to do this on the cheap but I might end up buying a new tool, I think I found out how/where to upload a file and get it "cleaned" but just don't know exactly what hardware or software to get. It looks like to reset crash data, I may have to open up the module and connect some magic device between the prom and a computer, pull a file from it, upload to a sketchy website and hope someone will download it, repair the file then re-upload it. Unless I can figure out that part myself(doubtful...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-24-2023)

I'll have to try this again tomorrow. Somehow the file I pulled from the work car saved as having a totally different vin#. I think the car I was trying to pull a file from was in an accident and had the module replaced, it showed that the current and previous vin saved to it were different but when I saved the file it was for a totally different vin. So when I tried to write the file to my car I had to use this weird vin to find it...And when I pulled the file, the battery in the work car died so that's always good. So tomorrow I'll try the same thing but use a 2015 that's never been in an accident and see how that doesn't work out.

I managed to blow money on a piece of a iprog or carprog device. I stupidly thought it was the entire unit with all the pieces but after committing to buy I rediscovered that I'm an idiot and reading is hard. I knew better, especially ordering from "Chinaexpress"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (11-24-2023)

We all benefit from your pain. Carry on!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-24-2023)

I tried. It doesn't work. Gonna have to figure out what dingus to buy and soft/hardware I need to do this. Using a scan tool via obdII seems impossible with these particular modules from what I've read so far. I can't clear the stored crash data. I am able to clear the vin mismatch code by writing the correct vin for the car to it twice in a row, I didn't know that was possible before, I thought you had to pull the file from the old module from the car then upload it to the replacement one in order to clear that code. So this wasn't a complete waste of time. I'm just hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer.

Unrelated, the device I'm looking into that's used to read and upload crash data files can be used for "odometer corrections". I'll delete this part later so greasy people don't learn, but many know that if you replace a cluster in these cars the odometer will display the mileage from the donor car. But the correct mileage will/should be stored in the ecu and maybe some other modules so you'll only be able to fool people without a scan tool rather than a dealer for a warranty claim. I have seen mileage discrepncies in these cars though. Cars were bought new and only serviced by me, never had a cluster change but for some reason some cars show different mileage in the ecu that what the odometer reads. One dealer tried claiming the odometer was tampered on a car I took in years ago, maybe trying to get warranty for a cvt iirc, the odometer was never touched.

Last edited by Fummins; 11-24-2023 at 11:18 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-26-2023)