Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Possibly trading in my '14 Mirage for a brand new Mazda3

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think I'll just spend some money on my Mirage for this year. Get new front brakes, and get winter tires and put them on my old steelies. I'll keep my old Bridgestone tires for the day that MetroMPG wants the bald tires. Probably save on recycling fees anyways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think I'll just spend some money on my Mirage for this year. Get new front brakes, and get winter tires and put them on my old steelies. I'll keep my old Bridgestone tires for the day that MetroMPG wants the bald tires. Probably save on recycling fees anyways.
    Don't forget the side skirts
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-29-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Don't forget the side skirts
    I want to order side skirts. If I can.. I am avoiding my local Mitsu dealer after a bunch of shenanigans went down last year. They did fix my Mirage's problems, but it was a lot of hassle. So I need to order side skirts from another dealer. The online parts stores in the USA usually don't ship to Canada. And then on top of that, I'm a rural address, so a bunch of Canadian sites don't ship to me. But I don't mean to be negative.

I'm glad I stuck with my Mirage. I haven't even driven my car in a few days. So it goes to show I don't need to waste my money on fancy stuff. Maybe I can get 10-15 or more years out of my Mirage. Already at 6.5+ years right now.

My Mirage seems good to go. A few minor things but overall in like-new shape.

Name:  spare keys.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  49.8 KB
    Name:  my mirage.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  12.6 KB
    Last edited by dspace9; 08-29-2020 at 09:18 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want to order side skirts. If I can.. I am avoiding my local Mitsu dealer after a bunch of shenanigans went down last year. They did fix my Mirage's problems, but it was a lot of hassle. So I need to order side skirts from another dealer. The online parts stores in the USA usually don't ship to Canada. And then on top of that, I'm a rural address, so a bunch of Canadian sites don't ship to me. But I don't mean to be negative.

I'm glad I stuck with my Mirage. I haven't even driven my car in a few days. So it goes to show I don't need to waste my money on fancy stuff. Maybe I can get 10-15 or more years out of my Mirage. Already at 6.5+ years right now.

https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/v...or--appearance This site doesn't ship to you?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh Flapjacks! They don't ship internationally!!! What the heck There's got to be a parts place near you that has Side Skirts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-29-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Oh Flapjacks! They don't ship internationally!!! What the heck There's got to be a parts place near you that has Side Skirts.
    I might make a few phone calls to some of the Mitsubishi dealers nearby. I know they carry official Mitsu Motors accessories. And I know they have a 100% monopoly on all things Mitsubishi accessories.* Maybe they could kindly ship my sideskirts to me and charge my credit card. We will see.

I also want a touch-up paint pen in thunder grey. Mirage's have had like 3 or 4 grey and silver shades over the years. So I have to get the right colour paint pen. And the right grey for the side skirts too. That's why I am debating just buying black pearlescent side skirts instead.

I could see a colour screw up happen with all my plans real fast. So I will dab some paint on old newspaper first before touching up my yellow car door dent.

*in Canada only

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

For a split second I thought that was a foot lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-30-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    For a split second I thought that was a foot lol.
    I must have feet-looking hands. I will take that as a compliment. I was actually expecting someone to notice my blue shag carpet.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-30-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I must have feet-looking hands. I will take that as a compliment. I was actually expecting someone to notice my blue shag carpet.
    I have feet that have finger like toes, its disturbing really. I think my great great great grandmother was an orangutan.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    . I'm glad I stuck with my Mirage. I haven't even driven my car in a few days. So it goes to show I don't need to waste my money on fancy stuff. Maybe I can get 10-15 or more years out of my Mirage. Already at 6.5+ years right now.

Unless you start having issues with it, I would keep your Mirage even if you get something nicer some day.

I paid $17,000 for a used 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5-speed manual with 15,000 miles in 2013. A new 2020 Forester is approximately $25,000 with some discounts added it, & I would never buy today's Forester with a CVT. My Mirage turned over 38,000 miles this weekend. That's 38,000 miles that haven't gone on my Forester.

I am using my Mirage to extend the life of a more expensive vehicle. In the past two weeks, I used my Forester to pick up my riding lawnmower (46 miles round trip) that needed some repairs & a used ATV I purchased from a craigslist listing (120 miles round trip). There are days I need my Forester, but I enjoy driving my Mirage more!

Since I purchased my 2017 Mirage ES manual, it has taken care of 90% of my mileage needs. I drove about 500 miles the past two days (new class I am taking in another town on Friday, visited my parents, attended a wedding on Saturday, & headed back home). My Mirage is perfect for trips like these. Some of my trip was 70-75 mph with the A/C on, & I still got 45.45 mpg when I filled up before reaching home. That's with very worn Enasave tires up front & worn Federal tires on the rear (all @ 40 psi). I only used the A/C when I want to listen to the radio some. Otherwise, I drive with some windows open most of the time in the summer.

I don't see myself ever owning just a Mirage, but I also don't see myself not owning a Mirage. I don't like anything new currently on the market to replace either of my two vehicles, which is good! I save money that way!