Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    another one, Did not read that one here,

Speaker check:

Turn the Ignition switch to the "ACC" or "ON" position and switch off the radio and CD player.

Press the following buttons in that order within sixty seconds from step above
    (1) [CH1] button
    (2) Fast-reverse/Track down button
    (3) Fast-forward/Track up button
    (4) [CH6] button

Name:  speaker-check.jpg
Views: 1752
Size:  54.0 KB

Check that the speaker, which is displayed on the center panel display, sounds (If the [CH6] button is pressed, the speaker will be changed).

 The display of "FL", "FR", "RL", "RR" blinks.  If no speakers sound, any of the speaker circuits is short-circuited.

If a button other than the [CH6] button is pressed, or the ignition switch is turned to "LOCK" (OFF) position, you will exit from the speaker connection check mode.

regards Walter

Last edited by ToXiQ; 05-22-2015 at 04:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ToXiQ For This Useful Post:

3dplane (05-24-2015),91cavgt (05-22-2015),El Kapitan (05-23-2015),fanfare (08-09-2021),laceygirl (08-14-2015),ThunderG (05-22-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The once in a while starter grinding sound.....ugh, someday it'll not start and I'll have to wait for a tow truck....
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RedDE5Spd For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-09-2021)

There are a couple of service bulletins to correct that.

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post25218

Contact your dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was just at the dealer yesterday for my oil change and tire rotation. I asked about the starter grinding but they hadn't heard of it. They are quite a small dealership, they remembered me from being there 6 months ago for my last oil change.

Thanks for the link to the TSB, I'm definitely taking them this information and hopefully getting it straightened out before it leaves me stranded somewhere.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RedDE5Spd For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiQ View Post
    another one, Did not read that one here,

Speaker check:

Turn the Ignition switch to the "ACC" or "ON" position and switch off the radio and CD player.

Press the following buttons in that order within sixty seconds from step above
    (1) [CH1] button
    (2) Fast-reverse/Track down button
    (3) Fast-forward/Track up button
    (4) [CH6] button

Name:  speaker-check.jpg
Views: 1752
Size:  54.0 KB

Check that the speaker, which is displayed on the center panel display, sounds (If the [CH6] button is pressed, the speaker will be changed).

 The display of "FL", "FR", "RL", "RR" blinks.  If no speakers sound, any of the speaker circuits is short-circuited.

If a button other than the [CH6] button is pressed, or the ignition switch is turned to "LOCK" (OFF) position, you will exit from the speaker connection check mode.

regards Walter
    I tried the speaker check. Each front speaker made a low tone with a high pitched beep. The rear speakers only made
    the low tone but the high beep was missing. Do the rear speakers not have the tweeters to make the
    high tone?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThunderG For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-10-2021)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderG View Post
    I tried the speaker check. Each front speaker made a low tone with a high pitched beep. The rear speakers only made
    the low tone but the high beep was missing. Do the rear speakers not have the tweeters to make the
    high tone?
    Both the front and rear speakers are identical in design. A dual cone basic speaker(no tweeters anywhere).
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDE5Spd View Post
    I was just at the dealer yesterday for my oil change and tire rotation. I asked about the starter grinding but they hadn't heard of it. They are quite a small dealership, they remembered me from being there 6 months ago for my last oil change.

Thanks for the link to the TSB, I'm definitely taking them this information and hopefully getting it straightened out before it leaves me stranded somewhere.
    If they hadn't heard of it I would probably take it to another dealer that has done a few of these repairs and possibly even have the updated starters and flywheels in stock.

Unless it's less hassle to take it to these guys of course.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    My Space Star has the start-stop automatic for the motor and I don´t want to restart the motor with the clutch. So I´m looking for other options. I found two options this week - moving the steering wheel just a little bit or setting the air circulation to defrost position. The requirements for the start-stop automatic system are described in the manual too, but I´m too lazy to read all about another time . What further options did you find out to restart the motor?

If you open the door, the motor won´t start again.
    Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderG View Post
    high tone?
    I had the same, and I have the idea that listening to music my back speakers give lesser (or no) high tones than the front speakers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I like the fact that the radio/CD player will play MP3s, I burn mp3 disk for my wife with 100+ songs on the disk. She says a disk will last her two or three days of music without changing CD's. She just leaves it in the player and it starts where she stopped it.