Thread: Upgrade Clutch?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Upgrade Clutch?

Turbo 3a92 project is going great and seems to run fine right up until about 5-6psi, anything above that boost and 2nd gear or higher and the clutch let’s go. I cannot seem to locate any aftermarket solutions. Does anyone know what might be available?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You'll likely have to go custom or semi-custom.

I don't know how common this is, but locally (over in Tampa) there's a driveline shop that builds custom driveshafts and such. They do one-off clutches, too. You could hand them a stock clutch disk, and they could reface it for you with higher friction material. Or they could take the splined center part of your clutch and build a completely custom clutch disk around it. Stuff like that.

The place I ordered my replacement clutch from is a custom clutch shop. Obviously, they've got all the specs on the stock clutch... they might be a good place to ask about making an upgraded clutch. That would be "Southeast Clutch". This is the item I bought through Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BB122PJ

Second post Here details the differences noted between the stock clutch disk and the Southeast Clutch part.

Or, we could just forget all that and talk about the weather. That seems to be the in thing to do around here.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Got a cold front in this thread all of the sudden...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)