Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If I had this conversation with a Mitsubishi service advisor, I would request a meeting with the owner of the dealership and this same service advisor. I would then ask the service advisor to explain his points more thoroughly with the owner of the dealership present. If I didn't sense any remorse, I would take it to the next level by contacting Mitsubishi. I wouldn't let a prick like that get off the hook so easily. I can't believe he's paid to trash the Mirage, & someone should probably remind him of that!
    Absolutely. If he said that to me I would contact upper management and Mitsubishi motors in Cypress, CA
    866) 876-3018

Call them and let them know their own employees are telling you, the customer, that your car is just a cheap junky car. Then keep us posted!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I do need to contact Mitsubishi about the situation and met them know the place in Elgin is taking care of the issue. I'll let them know about the comments made.

Also, I should have my car back by Friday with a new axle installed and good to go. How the place in Elgin can get one in two days and the Madison place STILL hasn't called me to let me know one is on the way I have no clue.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I do need to contact Mitsubishi about the situation and met them know the place in Elgin is taking care of the issue. I'll let them know about the comments made.

Also, I should have my car back by Friday with a new axle installed and good to go. How the place in Elgin can get one in two days and the Madison place STILL hasn't called me to let me know one is on the way I have no clue.
    I am glad to hear your axle is being taken care of in a timely manner from another dealership. That is awesome to hear!

Concerning the Madison dealership - It will probably never happen, but I wish another larger dealership (like Don Miller or Russ Darrow) would take on Mitsubishi in Madison & drive the other guys out. The present dealership can go back to selling used cars that way. I have never been so turned off by any dealership before. I want Mitsubishi to thrive, but the dealership in Madison should just disappear.

If I were you I wouldn't bother going back to Madison, nor would I even mention you got the job done somewhere else to them. If you need warranty/recall work done, I think you have found your new Mitsubishi dealership. I would really let them know how much you appreciate them, too!

It's good to know someone is taking care of you! Thanks for sharing your story!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I wouldn't bother going back to Madison, nor would I even mention you got the job done somewhere else to them.
    If you need warranty/recall work done, I think you have found your new Mitsubishi dealership.
    +1

Keep us posted on the new axle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    They also looked into this apparent back order of rear axles and said there is SEVEN of them sitting in the warehouse in Georgia so I don't know what to make of that.
    I have an idea of what you can make of it - that one dealership simply didn't want to deal with your problem, and the one in Elgin does.

It would be helpful to name the dealerships you have going here. I'm going to guess that:

The Madison dealer is Mad City Mitsubishi and
    the Elgin dealer is Biggers Mitsubishi.

Biggers Mistubishi looks like it's using the Mitsubishi corporate website layout while Mad City Mitsubishi seems to have their own website design, as if they aren't quite fully involved with the Mitsubishi brand. Also, Biggers Mitsubishi makes a pretty significant claim about their work, with their Forever Powertrain Warranty. Not too shabby.

At least you have lots of choices to pick from. There's some forum members who have to drive a couple hundred miles for their nearest service department.

Good news about your axle. It pays to keep trying. Don't let the bums get to you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am glad to hear your axle is being taken care of in a timely manner from another dealership. That is awesome to hear!

Concerning the Madison dealership - It will probably never happen, but I wish another larger dealership (like Don Miller or Russ Darrow) would take on Mitsubishi in Madison & drive the other guys out. The present dealership can go back to selling used cars that way. I have never been so turned off by any dealership before. I want Mitsubishi to thrive, but the dealership in Madison should just disappear.

If I were you I wouldn't bother going back to Madison, nor would I even mention you got the job done somewhere else to them. If you need warranty/recall work done, I think you have found your new Mitsubishi dealership. I would really let them know how much you appreciate them, too!

It's good to know someone is taking care of you! Thanks for sharing your story!
    Bigger doest always mean better for Mitsubishi dealers. I used to live in the Appleton area and Bergstrom group is massive and has the local Mitsubishi and they have no mirages and a few outlanders only. They have ONE inside, a phev Outlander

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You did the right thing to get a second opinion from another dealership. Sounds like you have incompetent mechanic in the first dealership. He says "cheap, junky car" but I think he is actually talking about his own brain that is cheap and junky.

Its such a classic trait of crap mechanics to blame the brand when they are too dumb to solve a problem.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Bigger doest always mean better for Mitsubishi dealers. I used to live in the Appleton area and Bergstrom group is massive and has the local Mitsubishi and they have no mirages and a few outlanders only. They have ONE inside, a phev Outlander
    I am very well aware of Bergstrom. They are a huge dealership in the Appleton area, & Mitsubishi is just an after thought for them. That may be one of the biggest downfalls of the brand. Some dealers that carry the brand are not that invested in Mitsubishi. They don't care what brand vehicle you buy as long as you buy a car from one of their many dealerships.

White Bear Mitsubishi in your area is the other extreme. They were a Saturn dealership, & they needed a replacement brand to stay in business. To survive/thrive, they stand behind their product in advertising, sales, & service.

There are some Madison dealerships that really have their act together as far as I am concerned. Part of that is competition. There are two large Honda dealerships & two large Toyota dealerships in the Madison area. Customer service after the sale is huge there, & my experience is that they go above and beyond.

Mad City is not one of the elite dealerships in Madison. Mad City Mitsubishi has the worst dealer website I have ever seen. Check their inventory and tell me what you think about it a week later. This is one very yucky dealership! I would love to see a Mitsubishi dealership thrive in Madison, but this one is a joke! Their way of doing business is a complete turn off for me! I used them for test drive & left shortly after. My time is to value to waste at a place like that. In all honesty, they had no interest in me either. I knew their OTD price & had my finances in order prior to my visit with them. I wasn't someone they were going to prey on, & they knew it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It would be helpful to name the dealerships you have going here..
    I didn't want to name names because I don't need some butt sniffer from the dealer causing me issues if they found this, especially since the 30 year 300,000 mile powertrain warranty I got on my car is through the dealership I believe. Your guesses are correct, though. Also the Rockford one, I could give a **** less about naming. It's Anderson Mitsubishi or Rock River Mitsubishi. Their service department is part of the Ford dealership that shares the lot space with them. That's the place who told me my car is a cheap piece of junk. It's insane how worthless they are especially when their Lexus dealer (which is a different building and location) is fantastic.

So to straighten out things with the whole axle thing on my car...
    First went to Anderson Mitsubishi, they said nothing was wrong.
    Second, went back to Madison dealer I bought car from, told me axle was bad and needed to be replaced. Apparently ordered axle Feb 1st when I was there with the car. Called them on the 14th and was told axle on back order. Called Mitsu corporate that day and was told they can't get ahold of the dealer.
    Third, went to Just Tires on the 19th and their alignment machine said the rear axle was fine but the front was wacked which isn't right... their machine is just inaccurate. Barring this, went back to Anderson and was told that I should expect it to be bad because the car is a cheap piece of junk. Then took car to Biggers Mitsubishi in Elgin after talking to them on phone about issues. They examined the car, had the alignment checked, said it was bad, and ordered an axle. Sent me home in a loaner car soon after I dropped it off. Called me this morning and told me that the car should be ready to go by Friday and they will call me once it's finished and rechecked to make sure the new part is good. I called Mitsubishi corporate today and left a message for the lady who's handling my case to let her know where I ended up taking the car in case they needed to know.

So yeah, three dealers have looked at this thing so far. Biggers has been the best one out of the bunch, by far. They even have a Mirage LE in their showroom that my daughter and I were checking out in a nice bright orange color. It looked really nice with the black alloy wheels. And I still think the engine from this weird Eclipse Cross totally needs to be put in a Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Its such a classic trait of crap mechanics to blame the brand when they are too dumb to solve a problem.
    This wasn't even the tech, but the service writer!