Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Wally - Do a search / maybe save a search for down here in GA. A few (or more) years back, they had a tax rebate of some sort on Leaves (plural of Leafs, ). And they sold Leaves down here in GA up one side and down the other. Should be lots of people down here in GA trying to dump them about now. Seems like if you leased a Leaf, the tax break almost paid for the Leaf. So they went nuts buying them here. Should be a'plenty.
    They have federal rebate up here, some provinces have additional rebates or tax credits I believe. Alberta has none that I'm aware of though.
    Off topic(as per usual) but it's about an ev/hybrid kinda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqfsTwC3HM

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had my 23 Bolt for about a year and a half now. It's got a bit over 10,000 miles on it. Besides a weird ticking sound when turning early on in the car's life (ended up being the dash support bar, replaced under warranty) it's been an excellent car. We are supposed to be getting a bunch of solar panels on our house soon so once that happens driving the Bolt will be essentially free. There's still a few new Bolts out there... Can't recommend them enough especially for the price after the various ev programs and tax credit for people who qualify.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I've had my 23 Bolt for about a year and a half now. It's got a bit over 10,000 miles on it. Besides a weird ticking sound when turning early on in the car's life (ended up being the dash support bar, replaced under warranty) it's been an excellent car. We are supposed to be getting a bunch of solar panels on our house soon so once that happens driving the Bolt will be essentially free. There's still a few new Bolts out there... Can't recommend them enough especially for the price after the various ev programs and tax credit for people who qualify.
    We don't have much for rebates where I'm at, there's just a $5000 Federal incentive that I though came right off the purchase price of a new EV or long range phev. Everytime I think of getting something else I turn back into Mr thrifty and don't want to be locked into 4-5 years of $5-600/month payments. But on the other hand, right now that money just seems to vanish anyways so might as well blow it on something.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Wally - Do a search / maybe save a search for down here in GA. A few (or more) years back, they had a tax rebate of some sort on Leaves (plural of Leafs, ). And they sold Leaves down here in GA up one side and down the other. Should be lots of people down here in GA trying to dump them about now. Seems like if you leased a Leaf, the tax break almost paid for the Leaf. So they went nuts buying them here. Should be a'plenty.
    I'll poke about the GA auto sales and see what turns up. Of course, a well used leased Leaf might be close to timed out on the battery so what real savings are there? I seriously stuff my foot up my own ass not buying that Leaf. Even at $3-5k for a new battery I have a next to new ev for $5g?

I'm at the point where my next car is likely going to be my last. I can't see buying a new $30k ride when I'm past 70!!! I could go the day after I buy it! Oh well, I could also go tomorrow. I get it. But tomorrow doesn't leave my estate stuck with a massively depreciating item.

I'm on a new kick. I'm seriously looking at diesel pushers. Honest to god. Penske's spare Prevost pusher sold recently for about $45K!!! All tricked out. I have been looking for about a year. Anyone with a Triton v10 gas rig is a nitwit. 4mpg monsieur? Coming right up!

At least with a big 38' pusher I can tote a big enough trailer to hold the Mirage and a filtration station where I can process all the cheap fluid I can scrounge that will power a diesel. The only downside is how to dump all the crap when the black tank is suddenly full? I need to find a pusher owned by a recently unalived eco-freak that installed combustion toilets. No black tank!

Some of these things now have, drumroll please, BUNK ROOMS! Holy s. My kid gets her own room in my diesel pusher and I think Walmart still allows RVs leave to park at night. IDK about the winter though. I'm sure the plow operators for the plaza would be *****ing loudly.

Maybe I'll drive to GA for the winter and hang out with 7.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,042 Posts
    You, me and Mark must be brothers. I've always wanted a diesel pusher. I'm just not at a place that I could keep one. And other than "it's cool" I don't have much use or time for one these days. I used to have a 5th wheel, and would go campering with the family. Life changed, we got to busy for that, and moved to a place where I couldn't keep it at my house, then sold it.

You can find ways around ... filling that black tank. Tinkling in it is no big deal. There's some blue anti-stink whatever stuff you can add to the black tank and it sort of neutralizes it. However, you can find public restrooms to keep the dark business out of the black tank. Some Walmarts will still let you park overnight, some may not. These days, I'm thinking that making an overnight-sleeper-camper out of the Mirage is interesting, and a HELLUVA lot less expensive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    2024 Chevy Trax is priced about $1500 over the G4 and has a real transmission. A 1.2 liter three pot with a hair drier for over 130 hp. It's just funny.

AriesK-Karl doesn't/didn't seem to love his Trax
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-26-2024 at 04:05 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bear View Post
    2024 Chevy Trax is priced about $1500 over the G4 and has a real transmission. A 1.2 liter three pot with a hair drier for over 130 hp. It's just funny.
    If someone gave me a 1.2 L turbo today, I would be trying to sell it tomorrow.

Having said that, the Mirage/G4 are over priced, but so is everything else.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can not say anything good about my Trax experience. The 24 Kona I replaced it with (sorry 7milesout) has been one of my favorite cars for road trips and just in general.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    There is no excuse in this age for the steaming pile of sh*t that is that Trax.

That is a prime example of the garbage Detroit pushed out in the 60/70's that allowed the Japanese to take over.

When you consider I am looking at something I could live in comfortably for $30-40k these new cars are NOT worth a fraction of their price.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)