Thread: Hello everyone! I need help with my Mitsu Mirage (2001)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello everyone! I need help with my Mitsu Mirage (2001)

Hello dear fellows,

I came to this forum for one main reason. Since somebody destroyed my left front door window (driver side) I am desperately looking for help on how to take apart the door/panel, and how to reinstall a new window I previously will have taken out of another Mirage on a junkyard.
    I love this car. It is fuel efficient and small, but not too small. It is just perfect. It took me thousands of miles on American roads.
    Now, I need to fix this windows. But I can't go to a mechanic, because I don't have the money for that.

Does anyone happen to know how to remove the left front window from one Mirage and then install it again in another one? I need very detailed instructions because I really zero-comprehend cars - and I mean anything about cars. Please, be so kind to help me out...

Best regards and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS FORUM DEDICATED EXCLUSIVELY TO MITSUBISHI MIRAGE CARS!
    :-)

Thomas

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Take a look at this post to see how to get inside the door. http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...nt-rear-doors)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They might seem complicated, but if you can use basic hand tools, you're already on your way to fixing it yourself!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for your answers guys. The referred to thread, however, is for a much newer car. Is there anything I should take care of or be aware of when taking apart the door of my Mitsu Mirage from 2001?

BTW, it has manual handles to roll down and up the windows. So, I assume fortunately, there are no electric cords on the door. Do I assume that right?

Does anyone have a picture of the parts where the window is attached or of whatever grabs and holds the window?

Thanks again!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    We don't really have any older generation Mirage owners here. You might want to check out this forum though:

http://www.mirageforums.net/
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In any parts store they sell auto repair books on that car. And a lot of times they have a chapter on how to remove door panels Etc. Or you can find it at a liabary
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The gear on the manual window level is prly stripped. There should be one screw holding the door on where the door handle is. After you take the screw out you should be able to use a flat head screwdriver to get the panel off.

I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!