• MAF sensor housing - $29.99
    • Rear Sway Bar - $174.99
    • Upper Grill Block (2014-2015 only) - $19.99

================================================== =======

Cruise Control Kit

Name:  cruise.jpg
Views: 10704
Size:  52.9 KB

Do you want to add OEM cruise control to your Mirage? This is the kit you want. Very easy and quick to install.

ALSO REQUIRES:
    Pedal switches - brake switch, and clutch switch (manual transmission only)
    ECU reprogramming - via mini-vci cable, see DIY for more information

For more information, see the thread on Developing a cruise control kit.

Cruise Control Kit - $39.99 shipped

More pictures:

Optional rectangular version.
    Name:  cruise1.jpg
Views: 10233
Size:  43.7 KB

Glove Box Light Kit

Want some help searching through your glove box at night? Check out this glove box light kit. It hooks up to the USB plug, so installation is super quick and easy. No wiring, soldering, or splicing. Everything is plug and play. Install time is around 5 minutes.

For more information, see the thread on Developing a glove box light.

Glove Box Light Kit - $29.99 shipped

More pictures:

MAF sensor housing

A lot of you have been tracking the development of this product in my thread: Developing a mass airflow sensor (MAF sensor) housing for custom air intakes. These are now for sale. These can be used to make your own custom intake for your Mirage.

What you get is what you see above, it is a MAF sensor housing. It will clamp to the OEM rubber U-shaped tube as shown in the pictures below. Then, you can add whatever you want for your own intake. Both of the ends of the housing are 2" in (outer) diameter.

Name:  MAF02sm.jpg
Views: 10201
Size:  26.0 KB Name:  MAF04sm.jpg
Views: 10068
Size:  18.0 KB

Here are some images of the intake kit I put together for testing the MAF housing:

Name:  IMG_1715.jpg
Views: 10265
Size:  54.7 KB Name:  IMG_1708.jpg
Views: 11402
Size:  36.4 KB

Rear Sway Bar

Tired of having a rolly polly Mirage? Then this is what you want. The rear sway bar keep your car more leveled when corning, and gives a much more confidence taking turns aggressively.

For more information, see the thread on Developing a rear sway bar alternative.

Rear Sway Bar - $174.99 shipped

Upper Grill Block

Would you like your Mirage to warm up a little faster, or get a little better fuel economy on the freeway? Or, maybe you just like the way it looks? Check out this upper grill block. It snaps into place incredibly quick and easily. Installs in less than 30 seconds. Multiple colors to choose from. PM me for more info about color choice.

For more information, see the thread on Developing an upper grill (mail slot) block 2014-2015 3d printed.

Upper Grill Block - $19.99 shipped

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

alex16 (02-11-2018),BigMW (11-13-2022),Clessy (11-25-2020),Cobrajet (12-30-2017),cortisol (11-29-2018),dragon2knight (01-03-2021),fc321 (05-31-2018),Fummins (12-14-2022),Marklovski (01-24-2018),misterd (04-09-2018),spork (06-20-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The glove box light kits are now available for purchase!

I will be getting the rest of the parts later this week. I'll start building kits this weekend and start shipping them next week.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-24-2018),Jcpr (01-24-2018),Top_Fuel (01-24-2018),Wallythacker (02-18-2018)

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Sweet ����
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post

I will be getting the rest of the parts later this week. I'll start building kits this weekend and start shipping them next week.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The first glove box light kit shipped today! Woohoo.

I have a few extra made up at this point. So, they are in stock and ready for more orders.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-26-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have made the cruise control kit available for pre-order. I still have some small tweaks to do, but it has been tested and works great! So its just a matter of updating the packaging.

The kit will include my switch panel and some zip ties for installation. You will still need to get your pedal switch(es), and a mini-vci cable to do the reprogramming. I will write up a whole DIY to step you through the entire process of what to order, how to install, how to reprogram, etc.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I got mine just before I had to go for surgery. It's well made and very nice. It will be a few more weeks before I can install it. Recovery is slow for me.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have made the cruise control kit available for pre-order. I still have some small tweaks to do, but it has been tested and works great! So its just a matter of updating the packaging.

The kit will include my switch panel and some zip ties for installation. You will still need to get your pedal switch(es), and a mini-vci cable to do the reprogramming. I will write up a whole DIY to step you through the entire process of what to order, how to install, how to reprogram, etc.
    I'll be ordering one as soon as I fell I can work on my car again.Cruise will be very handy for me.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I got mine just before I had to go for surgery. It's well made and very nice. It will be a few more weeks before I can install it. Recovery is slow for me.
    Great to hear. I think I may start a thread for reviews on the products. Would you be willing to share your thoughts?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'll be ordering one as soon as I fell I can work on my car again.Cruise will be very handy for me.
    I've really been enjoying using it on my car lately. I can't wait to move it to the start button position. I think it'll be a lot nicer / easier to use in that position.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've added the rear sway bar to the list.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (05-30-2018)